Light-O-Rama Forums
Septon

5.0.18 Crash after adding Groups **Consistantly

I am running a 64bit windows 10 system.

I am crashing my system EVERY TIME without fail when i add a group.  I am not sure you are aware, and you are more than welcome to login to my system to do what you will (I have it on Team Viewer and LogMeIn fyi). 

I get this every time.  Took me a while to see what it was that was causing it, but it was me trying to get groups.  Even when doing a new one I am crashing.

Thoughts?

• Thanks 1

More than likely Matt will want/need you LORSequencer-trace.txt file. It is located in your C:\User\xxxxxxxxxxx\Documents folder.

I noticed that this crash occurs when you are trying to add 2 groups. Have you tried to add one group at a time? That may help you you narrow down a issue with a specific group. Just a thought.

Alan...

Yes there are a couple of groups in there.  I have the ALL Group and Side Bar group..    And the Side bar is added to the ALL Group.

I have been able to stabilize of those issues and crashes by adding all my props again.  I am positive though it relates to the groups when it crashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rarekwysfbldork/LORSequencer-trace.txt?dl=0

The issue was that there was preview group that had itself as a member (which formed a circular reference). This situation will be detected in the next release.

Matt

17 hours ago, MattBrown said:

The issue was that there was preview group that had itself as a member (which formed a circular reference). This situation will be detected in the next release.

Matt

You rock!  If anyone is going to break it, it will be me.  I suppose having new people to a software is a good / bad thing.

Thanks