Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP and leaping arch construction

Sean5545

hello everyone,

Im just getting into CC anything this year and picked up a set of CCP at the sale yesterday with the intention of making 1 or 2 leaping arches. My question is what is everyone using as the frame support for the CCP when doing this? I want to get my feet wet with CC before i go too crazy as I only have 5 years experience with basic controllers and dumb RGB so this whole micro controlling individual pixels and adding them to my display seems a little daunting at this point.

thanks for any advice 

sean

Take a look at my website.  I have six CCP based arches.  Lots of pictures and description of what I did.

Thank you for sharing...that looks like the perfect way to go about the actual construction. When you added these to your sequences did you do it from scratch or use superstar or a combination of both? I was playing with superstar last night but while it was decent you could tell it didn’t give the “wow” factor.

Sean 

Have you thought about circles? I did away with all of my arches after making 4 circles last year. I can use the circles for Halloween and if needed they can be sequenced like arches. I made 4 last year, I will be adding 8-12 more this year for my driveway.

Very inexpensive to make. Of course I'm just speaking of the prop adding the RGB's is the cost.

Instructions are on Superstarlights.com, you can also get the lcc file there to use in SS, however it is also included in the LOR sample folder if I recall.

JR

1 hour ago, Sean5545 said:

Thank you for sharing...that looks like the perfect way to go about the actual construction. When you added these to your sequences did you do it from scratch or use superstar or a combination of both? I was playing with superstar last night but while it was decent you could tell it didn’t give the “wow” factor.

I sequence EVERYTHING in SuperStar.  SuperStar does take some learning.  For most of my sequences, I have purchased the pixel tree sequence from one several different people who are more the artist than I am, and then I add the rest of the yard around what I purchased using their colors and motion patterns as a guide.  BTW, one of the advantages of purchasing a couple of sequences is seeing how the experts create the effects that they do.  Great learning tool.

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Have you thought about circles? I did away with all of my arches after making 4 circles last year. I can use the circles for Halloween and if needed they can be sequenced like arches. I made 4 last year, I will be adding 8-12 more this year for my driveway.

Very inexpensive to make. Of course I'm just speaking of the prop adding the RGB's is the cost.

Instructions are on Superstarlights.com, you can also get the lcc file there to use in SS, however it is also included in the LOR sample folder if I recall.

JR

Hello again JR, thanks again for your help in the past. I am not familiar with them, however I am currently in the planning stage so everything is on the table. I figured arches were more common so There would be more resources available to help me get off the ground. I’ll look into them now. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 6:36 PM, k6ccc said:

Take a look at my website.  I have six CCP based arches.  Lots of pictures and description of what I did.

Nice job on the arches.  Looks like you put a lot of work into them.  I was a bit more lazy on mine ?

• The topic was locked