Light-O-Rama Forums
k6ccc

JRW16 - Prop groups with single pixel elements not displaying after creating in SuperStar

S5 Sequencer integration with SuperStar

Version 5.0.18 Pro

OS version:  Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)

Description:  Groups created in Preview Editor containing props that are a single channel or single RGB channel work fine in SuperStar when using "Insert SuperStar Effects", but when exported into S5 Sequencer (by exiting SuperStar), the motion effects line in Sequencer shows solid for the time segment, but when playing that time segment, the effect does not play.

Likely related to this is SOME effects result in this error when adding the scene:

S5-SuperStar_no_color.png

I have not yet figured out what is the common thread of which ones do this...

Repeatability:  Every time

Hardware:  Dell Optiplex 755

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.0.18
Pro Edition

Copyright 2016-2018 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

4GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series
OpenGL version: 3.3.10750 Compatibility Profile Context

The test sequence that I'm using can be downloaded from:  http://newburghlights.org/trouble/  (It's the only thing in that directory).

Note that this is a test sequence that I'm using ONLY for configuring props in Preview Editor so that they work right in SuperStar.  That work is NOT completed, so there are some props that are not in groups, or they have not been set up with a group arrangement; or do not have motion effects rows.  The first 15 seconds has stuff that was created in a combination of Sequencer, SuperStar and Pixel Editor (to use the old names).  The next 15 seconds is all stuff created in SuperStar.

In the next release, "Insert SuperStar Effect" will handle props with traditional strings correctly -- as long as there is one channel per string (no bundles). However, it will not work as expected when the prop's string type is set to "channel per color" and there are multiple colors selected in Prop Definition. Therefore, props with bundled strings, like RGBW, will need to be defined as separate props for each color if the user plans to sequence them with SuperStar.

Matt

Thanks for the update Matt.  That leaves a question.  What about dumb RGB strings?  By that I don't mean a string of red, a string of green, and a string of blue in a bundle, but rather dumb RGB "pixels".