Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Protege94

Input Device

I already have purchased the CTBXX Input Connector Gen3, but am looking at purchasing the the Input Pup. Here is my question.....

I am wanting to build between 1 and 4 light up buttons that I will place at the edge of my yard. The buttons will trigger a specific sequence. I know that both boards have an output of 9v, but am I wrong in thinking that the CTBXX Input Connector will be able to power 4 light up buttons better than the Input Pup because the power is being provided from a 120v powered controller over a USB powered 485 Booster?

Here are the buttons I am considering: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11966

Posted (edited)

To bad your not closer to Chicago Il I have a pole 7 feet tall with 4 big buttons  4 colors and a Imputpup mounted in  CG 1500 box on pole I used this for interactive show at sidewalk. Push the big red button the red trees come on push blue bottom  the blue trees come  and same for the other 2 buttons  also one short pole with big button that would activate singing Santa face to tell jokes I ran this when the music stopped   Have not used this for last couple years just sitting in storage 

Edited by Dennis Laff

15 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

To bad your not closer to Chicago Il I have a pole 7 feet tall with 4 big buttons  4 colors and a Imputpup mounted in  CG 1500 box on pole I used this for interactive show at sidewalk. Push the big red button the red trees come on push blue bottom  the blue trees come  and same for the other 2 buttons  also one short pole with big button that would activate singing Santa face to tell jokes I ran this when the music stopped   Have not used this for last couple years just sitting in storage 

My wife and I go to Chicago every Christmas (maybe not this one, we just had a baby) and enjoy all the festive things. 

Do you have a display page?

You can go to YouTube.  Look up . Lafffchristmas.    Reflections of earth.  Light o Rama  I won  light o Rama contest with this one  I'll send you a picture of pole with buttons if you send me your email  I never going to use them anymore  like to change display every few years . Dennis 

• Haha 1