Light-O-Rama Forums

Assistance with Design

MGoBlue102

So, this summer I plan on installing my permanent RGB's and aluminum channel with diffuser all around the house for all upcoming holidays.  Would anyone care to look at the photo and help me figure out best placement and type of controllers to maximize usage and keep waste to a minimum.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I pretty much put red lines everywhere I am thinking of running the channel and the distance that each is.  I have not gotten the gabel ends yet since they are too high but I will when the weather gets better.

House Marked.jpg

1.) .... Why permanent lighting?? (Just curious!) 

2.) The right edge above the garage doesn't have lights on it!! That's going to create a weird "void" wouldn't it?? (Just trying to help!) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 8:46 PM, DisneyMatt10 said:

1.) .... Why permanent lighting?? (Just curious!) 

2.) The right edge above the garage doesn't have lights on it!! That's going to create a weird "void" wouldn't it?? (Just trying to help!) 

Sorry, not sure why this thing did not tell me someone had replied but yea, permanent lighting to be able to turn color for each and every holiday and any other reason I see fit.  Going to color wash walls as well as outlines.  Not sure where you see it missing something near the right edge of the garage.  I tried to include every main upright and horizontal area that would clearly outline the house.  

As someone who runs RGB landscape lighting yedar round, I can assure you having permanent RGB lighting is really great.  Tons of options.

Oh I should say, when I was doing this last year, a lot of people said, if you are going into RBG, you should plan on Pixel. I didn't.  And a lot of people said, if I do Dumb RBG I will want Smart Pixel. I do.  And I am now planning my Smart RBG PIXEL.  If you are thinking permanent, I do think Dumb RBG is better though.

The outlines around the house will be smart so that I can alternate colors when necessary.  The first time I hope to use them will be July 4th and I will want red white and blue trailing throughout the entire outline.  I hope to have all the outlines installed in June.

On 4/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, MGoBlue102 said:

Not sure where you see it missing something near the right edge of the garage....

I've circled it in green for you:

house.jpg.7da1be2454eab288cbc4f515904070bb.jpg

It's nothing major. I just feel like as well as you have the house covered this one missing area might become  a bit of a "dark spot" when the lights are on.

Don't get me wrong, the house looks amazing, and will look great when lit! Just trying to point out something I noticed that might keep you from being frustrated when everything is complete and that one area is missing! 

Edited by DisneyMatt10

And the other side of the house, in the same area, there are no lights (far left edge from the missing garage line in the picture above)

Well I'll be damned.  Now I see exactly what you're talking about.  Not sure how I forgot those two pieces but I will be certainly making sure they are lit up as well.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MGoBlue102 said:

Well I'll be damned.  Now I see exactly what you're talking about.  Not sure how I forgot those two pieces but I will be certainly making sure they are lit up as well.  

Again, was not trying to be an ass!! Just trying to help. 

Can't wait to see how the house looks when it's all lit up! . . . You better share photos!! ;)

21 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

Again, was not trying to be an ass!! Just trying to help. 

Can't wait to see how the house looks when it's all lit up! . . . You better share photos!! ;)

No, prob.  Never took it as negative, very glad to take anyone's input to get it right.  

• Like 2