Light-O-Rama Forums
k6ccc

Preview Management

A question about managing previews - specifically moving them between computers.  I found the LORPreviews.xml file in the CommonData folder and know that I can move the file to another computer with LOR software loaded and overwrite the existing LORPreviews.xml file, all my previews will appear on new computer.  What I am wondering is moving one or more selected previews to another computer without blowing away the existing previews on the target computer.  For example, if I built my Christmas 2018 preview on one computer and Halloween 2018, how can I move the Halloween preview onto the computer with Christmas preview, while retaining the Christmas preview on that computer.  I did not see any way to export or import a preview.

BTW, I have looked at the .xml file and likely can combine two LORPreview.xml files manually, but there should be a way to move a single preview around.

This had been a low priority because you can export a preview by creating a sequence that is associated with that preview. Opening that sequence on another computer will import the preview (if it doesn't already exist). This works great if you want to share a sequence with someone - they automatically get a copy of the preview also, so they can play it back.

That being said, the next beta version will have the ability to explicitly import and export previews.

Thanks for the feedback!

Matt

I had forgotten about that ability.  Right now I'm just working on my 2018 Preview and because it is handy, doing it on several different computers would be nice.  I don't have any sequences written with the in progress Preview, but of course I can create a blank sequence and that would have it.

Thanks for both the "today" and the better fix in the next beta.