Light-O-Rama Forums
k6ccc

Spiral mega-tree in Preview?

Is it possible to build a spiral mega tree in the Preview Editor?  Obviously I can build a 360 degree tree in just a few seconds, but have not found any way to model a spiral mega-tree.

I assume this is the animation screen inside of SE? I have been trying to figure out how to build a pixel spiral tree with 16 universes and cant get it right.

If anyone knows please share .

No.  I'm talking about in the S5 Preview Editor.

- I would ask Brian B for help with this. It may cost but he’s the one I would figure could shed some light on subject.

JR

I think it needs to be Matt, not Brian.  This is strictly a S5 Preview question.

7 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

I assume this is the animation screen inside of SE? I have been trying to figure out how to build a pixel spiral tree with 16 universes and cant get it right.

If anyone knows please share .

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to create a spiral tree with pixels? You can achieve the effect with the spiral effect and have the tree with 16 strands straight down?

SPaschall

9 hours ago, SPaschall said:

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to create a spiral tree with pixels? You can achieve the effect with the spiral effect and have the tree with 16 strands straight down?

SPaschall

I like the look of a normal spiral and I wanted pixels... Some of the effects that I can do with it now are pretty awesome.

So i figured why not.

Edited by gsmith37064

1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

I like the look of a normal spiral and I wanted pixels... Some of the effects that I can do with it now are pretty awesome.

So i figured why not.

Where are you located in Franklin? My daughter lives there. Would like to visit your display

SPaschall

11 minutes ago, SPaschall said:

Where are you located in Franklin? My daughter lives there. Would like to visit your display

SPaschall

Sent PM

In S5 Preview Design, you can import Visualizer fixture and prop files. So any Visualizer files you have containing those props/shapes can be imported into a preview. You can also still use user-created tools that produce Visualizer files (e.g. LOR Object Creator can create spiral trees) and import the results.

Matt

8 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

In S5 Preview Design, you can import Visualizer fixture and prop files. So any Visualizer files you have containing those props/shapes can be imported into a preview. You can also still use user-created tools that produce Visualizer files (e.g. LOR Object Creator can create spiral trees) and import the results.

Thanks.  My only attempts at importing from Visualizer (early in the beta) was an entire display as opposed to individual props.  That didn't go so well as it resulted in props that could not be used for "Insert SuperStar effects" because you could not add motion effects rows.  I have a Visualizer prop for the spiral tree so I'll try that.

BTW, nice to see someone at LOR admit that Visualizer still has a useful purpose :D

That worked Matt.  I had a single color 24 string Visualizer prof file that I had downloaded many months ago.  I was able to import that into Preview Editor and then convert it to 24 multi-color strings.