Light-O-Rama Forums

ChromaGlow Presents from Boscoyo

k6ccc

Has anyone used the Boscoyo Studios ChromaGlow Presents?  If so, what do you think of them?  I'm planning on putting a few present boxes under my pixel tree and these are a possibility?

https://www.boscoyostudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_31&products_id=140&zenid=gl654blupv3v8mrnt6egmfd081

And yes, I will be lighting them controlled by a LOR controller...

12 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Has anyone used the Boscoyo Studios ChromaGlow Presents?  If so, what do you think of them?  I'm planning on putting a few present boxes under my pixel tree and these are a possibility?

https://www.boscoyostudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_31&products_id=140&zenid=gl654blupv3v8mrnt6egmfd081

And yes, I will be lighting them controlled by a LOR controller...

didn't use them but did something similar using white/frost landscaping fabric.  Turned out nice.

Build your own quick and cheap.      Cut two pieces of coro plast (get it from the local sigh company)   For instance if you want a present that will be  24" X 18 "X18",  cut two pieces 18 X 24 X 18.  score the coro at 18".24" and 18" (this will be the outside bend).

Bend the pieces into 2 "U" shapes. Fit together and hot glue.  Leave on of the ends unglued (this will be the bottom and how you open the present for lights). affix the lights (led or RGB to the bottom (the flap not glued).   decorate with fancy ribbon.

Wala you have a great present.  You will need to pin it down as it will be very light weight.   Here is a slide show of some I made a few years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VITIhrfsVxY   also a lighted demo    

1 hour ago, jerrymac said:

Bend the pieces into 2 "U" shapes. Fit together and hot glue.  Leave on of the ends unglued (this will be the bottom and how you open the present for lights). affix the lights (led or RGB to the bottom (the flap not glued).   decorate with fancy ribbon.

What are you using for ribbon that will survive being outdoors in the blazing sun (remember this is Southern California were we generally have beautiful sun most of the Christmas season).  I have to water the lawn too.

13 hours ago, k6ccc said:

What are you using for ribbon that will survive being outdoors in the blazing sun (remember this is Southern California were we generally have beautiful sun most of the Christmas season).  I have to water the lawn too.

I’m not sure about jerrymac but my wife makes wreaths and other decorations and buys the heavy duty ribbon at Joann’s Fabrics or Hobby Lobby.

Normally it doesn’t fade until season 3 here in AL.

2016 she hung one out on the front door. We never use the front door so it was missed upon take down. Was up the entire year and it faded pretty good from the direct sum for a year. Like you it gets hot and sunny here in AL.

This year my star still hangs on the door.

JR

The ribbon is that plasticish ribbon (water proof) and a bit stiffer than regular ribbon.  Holds up file to UV but needs to be replaced every couple of years.  One  of the ribbons actually has a wire running down the length (encased in the ribbon). 
Get at Michaels or floral supplier.