Light-O-Rama Forums
bdwillie

Did S4 do this too?

I don't have S4 on a computer anymore so I can't check, but just found this by accident in S5.  When clicking on a cell area in a sequence, I discovered that holding down the Control key will let you insert whatever you have selected, I.E. on, fade, shimmer, etc, from where you click to where you drag, ignoring the timing mark boundaries.  Whatta hoot!  Had no idea that this was a thing!  Probably everybody and their brother already knows this lol!  I just stumbled on it. 

2 hours ago, bdwillie said:

I don't have S4 on a computer anymore so I can't check, but just found this by accident in S5.  When clicking on a cell area in a sequence, I discovered that holding down the Control key will let you insert whatever you have selected, I.E. on, fade, shimmer, etc, from where you click to where you drag, ignoring the timing mark boundaries.  Whatta hoot!  Had no idea that this was a thing!  Probably everybody and their brother already knows this lol!  I just stumbled on it. 

Yes, however it’s not necessary to use the control key if you just use the quick effect buttons on the tool bar. If you select those all you have to do is drag the mouse and it places the effect in the area.

JR

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, dibblejr said:

Yes, however it’s not necessary to use the control key if you just use the quick effect buttons on the tool bar. If you select those all you have to do is drag the mouse and it places the effect in the area.

JR

I think you missed the part about ignoring the cell boundaries. Holding the control key down to ignore cell boundaries was part of S4 PE, but not SE. We are trying to give you the best of both programs in the S5 Sequencer.

Matt

5 hours ago, MattBrown said:

I think you missed the part about ignoring the cell boundaries. Holding the control key down to ignore cell boundaries was part of S4 PE, but not SE. We are trying to give you the best of both programs in the S5 Sequencer.

Matt

Didn’t miss it, he was asking about S4. I am in no hurry if ever to go to S5. S4 .18 works for me and what I do.

JR