Light-O-Rama Forums
beeiilll

Making copies of pros in S5

I am playing with S5 today and have done most of my LED string layouts for my house but now wanted to see if there is a way to make a copy of a prop once it is set up so that you can duplicate it easily?

I have 16 mini trees that each have 4 strings of 140 LEDs on them.  The strings are red, green, blue, and white.

How do I "create" the prop for one and then duplicate it to make 15 more of the original without having to draw each one separately?  If this is even possible.  I figure it must be for people who have several arches, mini trees, spinners, or whatever?  It has taken some time just to outline the house roof and windows with 4 strings of each color and there must be an easier way to do this!  I still have to go assign controllers to the strings I laid out so far!

Just so you are aware,  I have never used S4 for sequencing!  Ya, I have been out of this for a couple of years and now getting back into things.  I figure that I just might as well redo things into S5 and start with it to do the display from the ground up and then incorporate pixels into the display.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by beeiilll

Bill there is a copy function where you create your prop I recall either a drop down or right click.  The function is extremely handy as you can select how many copies you want including channel config and ability to easily rename.  Once you have your group of copies you can just move them around and adjust as needed.  

5 hours ago, beeiilll said:

is a way to make a copy of a prop once it is set up so that you can duplicate it easily?

I have 16 mini trees that each have 4 strings of 140 LEDs on them.  The strings are red, green, blue, and white.

Beeiilll,  I have one already made with those same 4 colors, I can send you the prop file if you wish,  just get me your email address.  You will have to change the channel numbers to fit yours.  Once you import it, you can use the copy function and make as many as ya want.  Just make sure to check the channel numbers on the copies.  Easy Peasy!  Pulledmy hair out getting these trees to work and or look decent,  a tip from Matt got me going and they look and work great.

14 hours ago, bdwillie said:

Beeiilll,  I have one already made with those same 4 colors, I can send you the prop file if you wish,  just get me your email address.  You will have to change the channel numbers to fit yours.  Once you import it, you can use the copy function and make as many as ya want.  Just make sure to check the channel numbers on the copies.  Easy Peasy!  Pulledmy hair out getting these trees to work and or look decent,  a tip from Matt got me going and they look and work great.

I just want to publicly give a big Thank You to bdwillie for his help with S5!  That one file for mini trees has answered several questions and shown me more than several postings to different forums did!  I now "see" how to do quite a few things in S5 and am excited to get it going!
Still am looking at "How do I make up different layouts for the display" info though?  I change around things each year and would like to know if there is a way to make up different layouts for the yard items?  I have a lot of blow molds, inflatables, along with plans for arches, spinners, etc. that will move around each year!

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2018 at 6:06 AM, beeiilll said:

Still am looking at "How do I make up different layouts for the display" info though?  I change around things each year and would like to know if there is a way to make up different layouts for the yard items?  I have a lot of blow molds, inflatables, along with plans for arches, spinners, etc. that will move around each year!

You would create a separate preview for each season: "Halloween 2018", "Christmas 2018", etc. In the preview management screen, you can copy previews (e.g. 2017 to 2018) and then open the new preview, move things around, add new props etc without disturbing the old version. You might even have 2018a, 2018b, 2018c previews as your plans for the season develop. 

Then copy your 2017 sequences in preparation for 2018 updates. When you open the 2018 sequence for the first time in the sequencer, then use Sequence > Assign Preview to assign the 2018 preview to the sequence.

Matt

• Thanks 1