Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy Protect SE version # ?

dibblejr

Ok, I have a sequence that is copy protected. It cannot be copy/ pasted however the channels can be moved around. Under the newer versions of SE while copy protecting all the receiving person gets is the grey screen with the "protected statement".

The older sequence written in 2010, the entire sequence is viewable but as mentioned above cannot be copied. When attempting I get a box that states something to the effect "The data in this sequence is copy protected and can only be copied on the original computer"

My question is - does anyone know what version of LOR software would give me this method of protection? 

I would like to copy protect my singing faces in this manner. At least it would curtail anyone trying to sell the sequence since the only method would be to copy block by block.

Perhaps DevMike or one of the other long time SE users will know the answer.

TIA

JR

The only thing I can think of is to go into the files property settings and under the security tab change the permissions. Where it says modify change that to deny.

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

The only thing I can think of is to go into the files property settings and under the security tab change the permissions. Where it says modify change that to deny.

Mr P

Cant do that within SE, with the new SE even if it was my own sequence if I protected it without making an unprotected copy I would be out of luck.

With whatever version this was created in the originator could still modify it.

The thing I like is being able to allow users to see the sequence and move tabs around to fit their singing face movements since mine are different than 99%

Most of the people receiving free sequences and selling them on eBay would not take the time to manually copy each grid square manually.

Singing faces are useless with the current protected format since the user cannot see the actual sequence.

Thanks as always for the reply though. Since it was written in 2010 I just have to figure out which version was used in 2010 and hope that the current version I use would be backwards compatible

JR

• The topic was locked