Light-O-Rama Forums
Little_b

BE 01 Network Preferences

Posted (edited)

Network Configuration

S5.0.18 Pro

Windows 10

I installed S5 v5.0.18 on my Laptop I use to run the show today.  I am trying to add some new DMX Universe IP addresses to the Network Config.  I right click on the LOR Light bulb, select Network Preferences (tried selecting through S5 as well), then clicked on a blank universe (and tried an existing IP addressed one), but then I get an error saying:

LORNetworkConfig stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Click on close program, and get the message 3 more times before it actually closes.  I tried restarting the computer, but no change.  I can make and save changes in the LOR tab, but not DMX.

Edited by Little_b
More info

uninstall.  Registry Wipe.  Reinstall.  See if that fixes it.

Problem solved. Thank you.

Ok so it worked the first time, I was able to go in and reset all the IP addresses for the universes.  I found I missed a universe so I went into NP to fix and it is giving me the same problem again today.  So I uninstalled, registry wipe, reinstalled again today.  I went in and reset all the IP addresses just fine.  I have found that once I close the Network Preferences page after the first time in, it won't let me change again.

Hey Mike-

So I'm seeing this issue once again.  I have updated to 5.1.2, and I can open NP, change anything in the LOR tab just fine, but as soon as I click on an IP address in the DMX tab, NP just closes, no error message.  Is there a solution to this that I missed so I don't have to do a registry wipe each time I need to add a prop/controller?

That sounds as if something else on your computer is stomping on one of our library files (If I were to guess, it is probably the one that deals with IP address entry and formatting).  Perhaps some AV or other security program is seeing that a new library was installed and on a reboot deleting it.  I'm not sure how you could get around that, since it is most likely outside of our software.

If the registry wipe and re-install gets it to work for a little bit, I would look at the rest of the computer.

I need a refresher course on doing a registry wipe.  Can you tell me where to find the file again?  Thanks.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:59 PM, Little_b said:

I need a refresher course on doing a registry wipe.  Can you tell me where to find the file again? 

Creating a help desk ticket and asking for it is one way...

Matt

That was a lot easier than entering a trouble ticket. THANK YOU! ?