Light-O-Rama Forums

sysco

found these the other night wondering if it's true anyone buy or heard of these LPD6803 led strip lights 48led/m DC12V rgb strip light SMD 5050 rgb led strip Color Changeable Effects Waterproof Black/White PCB

Sold by hico_led   they also have pixels strings  advertised 6803   ??????

It would be helpful to see a picture or a link to the product you are speaking of and not just the company's website.

I didn't think they made these strips in 48 leds per meter only in 30 per meter   never saw the pixels 12mm in 6803  wondering why lor would not use them instead of  2811 's 

15 minutes ago, sysco said:

I didn't think they made these strips in 48 leds per meter only in 30 per meter   never saw the pixels 12mm in 6803  wondering why lor would not use them instead of  2811 's 

Sure do, they make them in 48 and 60 led/m, they can pretty much make any length. I admit that 48 seems odd as that would be 18 pixels a meter or 80 pixels for a 5m strip and that may just throw some people off who are use to 50 or 100 pixels per 5m strip.

As a matter of fact, HC use to sell ws2811 with 48 led/m.

Edited by Mr. P

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Sure do, they make them in 48 and 60 led/m, they can pretty much make any length. I admit that 48 seems odd as that would be 18 pixels a meter or 80 pixels for a 5m strip and that may just throw some people off who are use to 50 or 100 pixels per 5m strip.

Mr. P   this is the first time I have seen these do you know of any other sites that sell these  would like to use them instead of 2811 in my arches staying  with 6803  this year  and would you know of any other site that sell 6803 pixel nodes  thank you

4 minutes ago, sysco said:

Mr. P   this is the first time I have seen these do you know of any other sites that sell these  would like to use them instead of 2811 in my arches staying  with 6803  this year  and would you know of any other site that sell 6803 pixel nodes  thank you

No I don't know as I don't use LPD6803, probably have to do an internet search. The 30 led/m is more common and easier to find and if you just want to stick with LPD6803 because they are four wire then you could always use ws2801 as they are four wire as well.

27 minutes ago, sysco said:

would like to use them instead of 2811 in my arches staying  with 6803  this year

One of the big advantages of the 2811s (and I suspect that is the reason most people use them) is that they are far less distance limited compared to most other pixel types.  There is a reason that LOR only gives you a couple feet between the controller and first pixel and they don't sell extensions - they don't work well if the cable distance is very long.  On the other hand, WS2811 pixels reliably work over 15 feet and generally more than that.

As for 48 RGB LEDs per meter strip, that is what I'm using for the strips in front of my roses (although mine are WS2811 strips).

Last thing, please use punctuation in your posts.  When you don't it makes it very hard to know what you were trying to say.

31 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

One of the big advantages of the 2811s (and I suspect that is the reason most people use them) is that they are far less distance limited compared to most other pixel types.  There is a reason that LOR only gives you a couple feet between the controller and first pixel and they don't sell extensions - they don't work well if the cable distance is very long.  On the other hand, WS2811 pixels reliably work over 15 feet and generally more than that.

As for 48 RGB LEDs per meter strip, that is what I'm using for the strips in front of my roses (although mine are WS2811 strips).

Last thing, please use punctuation in your posts.  When you don't it makes it very hard to know what you were trying to say.

I would like to stay with lor because I have  10 extra ccr controllers that I can use,  put the ccr next to the arches no distance . I was  also thinking I could use the ccr individual controller to run 6803 pixels strings instead of  getting any new boards  to run 2811's. The last thing about punctuation  sorry about that but not good at it yeah my teacher would say to many words running together  thank you for your reply

• The topic was locked