Light-O-Rama Forums
bfrd22

.18 effect docking, play back controls

Posted (edited)

Functionality of .16 was way better than .18   the EG wont dock,  if EG window is open you cant work in the SE,   no play back controls in the visualizer. no recent used effects memory,   quick select effects is gone,  when i import a sequence and select a preview for it, I still end up having to group, and install props that should have automatically dropped into the SE,  the new system I pretty much have to build the configuration each time,  not good,   .18 is like a whole new relearn and more difficult to use than  .16

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish with .18  but you made the UI  way worse.  Go  back to the .16 UI     IMO you went way backwards with .18, 

go back to .16 please  it worked!  

Edited by bfrd22

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm not sure I understand your comments -- could you elaborate?

13 minutes ago, bfrd22 said:

if EG window is open you cant work in the SE

The Effect Generator (the one with the 3 effect windows at the top) is a dialog. When it is open, you can't do anything else in the program. This is the way it works in all versions of S5, and in the S4 Pixel Editor also.

13 minutes ago, bfrd22 said:

no play back controls in the visualizer.

There have never been playback controls in the S5 playback window (Visualizer). Playback is controlled from buttons on the toolbar (above the sequence grid).

16 minutes ago, bfrd22 said:

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish with .18  but you made the UI  way worse

The UI is virtually the same between 16 and 18. The "nudge" buttons were added to the toolbar and the right-click menu for the grid was re-organized.

Matt

4 hours ago, bfrd22 said:

Functionality of .16 was way better than .18   the EG wont dock,  if EG window is open you cant work in the SE,   no play back controls in the visualizer. no recent used effects memory,   quick select effects is gone,  when i import a sequence and select a preview for it, I still end up having to group, and install props that should have automatically dropped into the SE,  the new system I pretty much have to build the configuration each time,  not good,   .18 is like a whole new relearn and more difficult to use than  .16

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish with .18  but you made the UI  way worse.  Go  back to the .16 UI     IMO you went way backwards with .18, 

go back to .16 please  it worked! 

Interesting.  I'm not seeing any of those issues on this laptop (not what I normally sequence on).

4 hours ago, MattBrown said:

The UI is virtually the same between 16 and 18. The "nudge" buttons were added to the toolbar and the right-click menu for the grid was re-organized.

Matt

Thank you for the "nudge" buttons.  Being a long time SuperStar user, I am VERY used to using the nudge buttons.  Nice to have them in Sequencer.

Sorry Matt. Appears I have rocks in my head. For some reason i remember PE and The visulaizer docked at the top or a quick select of effects in the upper right corner. Your right of course I reloaded .16 and it was the same as .18. Guess I was away from the 5.0 series for too long. But i could have sworn there was 3 windows at one time. Visualizer top left. Effects top right. And bottom was the sequencer.   Thanks for your quick reply.  

Matt remember it was a thumbnail effects window in the upper right corner that's missing. Or at least i misplaced it.

18 minutes ago, bfrd22 said:

Matt remember it was a thumbnail effects window in the upper right corner that's missing. Or at least i misplaced it.

In S5, make sure there is a check mark next Window > Motion Effects. Or select Window > Show Both.

Matt

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

In S5, make sure there is a check mark next Window > Motion Effects. Or select Window > Show Both.

Matt

In the latest beta I'm only in advanced. Previous betas were pro. Is it  that advanced beta is blocking me seeing the motion effects window and the option to select it?

Edited by bfrd22

bfrd22.

This is what Matt is pointing out. If you "uncheck" either window it goes away. To bring it back Select it again.

Alan...

me%20window.gif

Fully aware. Doesnt work in advanced version. You have pro, so yes i look like an idiot with my advanced beta, I upgraded to pro and all was back as shown. ?

Ahh I see. I had forgotten that Motion Effects were only available in Pro only until I looked at the License Comparison page again. This is for S4, but it must be the same for S5. I have been running Pro so long I forget about License levels. Glad you got it sorted out.

Alan...

pro.png