Light-O-Rama Forums
dougd

DD05 Copy and Paste

Posted (edited)

Copy and paste slowed way down on version 5.018. In 5.016 it was very good. Not sure what changed but hopefully it wont stay at this speed.

Now I wish I would have worked harder converting over last years sequences to this years layout.

Edited by dougd

Just out of curiosity what are you copy/pasting during your conversion of last years sequences? dumb rgb props? superstar legacy sequences? dmx channels? how many channels are you trying to copy at a time? etc. I think it would helpful to clarify this for Matt / Brian and LOR so they can zero in on potential fixes. As stated, your bug reports is a little vague. Matt / Brian / LOR have been very responsive towards fixing bugs/issue with S5 and giving them detailed information is very helpful to them. (This is not intended to demean your bug report, I'm just trying to coax some more info from you that would help the developers) :)

Also while it's not the best way, but if 5.0.18 is to slow for you (copy / pasting) you could always go back to 5.0.16 until the conversions are done. Just a thought.

Alan...

Remember that 5.0.16 expired yesterday.  I don’t know what it does or doesn’t do after expiration.  I did fire it up a couple minutes after midnight and it worked including controlling lights from Sequencer.

Anyone else seeing a huge slowdown in copy and paste? It almost seems worth while to continue converting last years sequences. It is taking me probably 5 times longer to get it done compared to 5.016.

Matt, just curious if you have looked at this yet?

On 3/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, dougd said:

Anyone else seeing a huge slowdown in copy and paste? It almost seems worth while to continue converting last years sequences. It is taking me probably 5 times longer to get it done compared to 5.016.

I am seeing a huge slow down when I try to select an area in a motion effect row that already has effects in it. When I do this the sequencer hangs for 10 seconds or so. If I select a motion effect row that does not have any effects in it I see no issue. I did not have this issue whatsoever in 5.016 but in 18 it is really bad.

Yepper. Huge slowdown when trying on a large amount of props.....45 seconds!

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I am doing nothing different than I did in version .16 and this is ten times slower.

Sorry if I am slow on the draw on the paste.   I have been trying to paste a large block and I find the paste does not work across groups. 

Make sure you dont have any motion effect rows in there or it will mess up a paste.

Matt, any comments here? 3 week old thread and nothing at all mentioned.

I was trying to paste an entire 16x50 matrix but it would only do the first string of 50.   I got it now after I unset condensed view on the tree view options.   Is this a feature?

Matt, I see you replying to a lot of posts. No love this way?

Video of how painful copy and paste is. My beta days are over if no response is submitted, not sure why I should waste my time without even 1 response from anyone from LOR. Any comment would be better than silence. Almost 3 minutes to copy 1/2 second worth of sequence. Clipboard was only 3 meg.

• Haha 1

Agree totally!

Takes forever....think I will stop sequencing until fix is made.

Because of my current workflow, I am not doing any sequencing in S5 at this time except for some testing.  However I just took the test sequence I am using for my P10 matrix and copied about 12.5 seconds that involves all 18,432 channels and pasted it later in the sequence.  The "Pasting" display went out in less than one second, and the play buttons went back to green in six seconds.  Immediately after that I was able play that segment to the P10 panel and it worked properly.

I don't have an answer yet, but I am working on it.

Matt

Thanks for the reply Matt. If you need any additional information just let me know.

I found the issue. It will be fixed in the next release.

Matt

Awesome news Matt. Cant wait. Thanks for the update.

Thank You, Thank You.

Pasting now works like before.

Thanks Matt!