Light-O-Rama Forums

2018 Spring Sale

CampbellHouse

I fell asleep in my chair at 8:50 pm and woke up at 12:30 just trying not to stub my toe on the way to bed.  Saturday morning it dawned on me about the sale and I was able to order a few things.  But not after I had trouble trying to use PayPal.  What a pain in the bulb.  I gave up and used American Express.  When's the summer sale? 

50 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Should I ask what the complaint was?  Let me guess - the thing I wanted was sold out.

Winner Winner!

I was wondering what the complaint could have been, but that's funny directions were clearly stated. I thought it would have been paypal. i decide not to go that route because of the horror stories i heard about

35 minutes ago, ovsims said:

I was wondering what the complaint could have been, but that's funny directions were clearly stated. I thought it would have been paypal. i decide not to go that route because of the horror stories i heard about

I actually sent an even earlier ticket, but it wasn't a complaint. I'm an idiot and didn't put everything in one order (shame on me) so I asked if they could be combined to save a little on shipping. 

I did use PayPal, but I've never had any PayPal issues. I didn't with this purchase either. 

It was faster to use my card and  let my google wallet fill in all the shipping info and payment info all i  had to do was put the 3 digit ccv that's one of my secrets to get the order in so fast

1 hour ago, dansamy said:

I actually sent an even earlier ticket, but it wasn't a complaint. I'm an idiot and didn't put everything in one order (shame on me) so I asked if they could be combined to save a little on shipping. 

I did use PayPal, but I've never had any PayPal issues. I didn't with this purchase either. 

I didn't put in a ticket but was thinking the same thing. on the front page they said they would combine shipping for multiple orders but it didn't say anything about it affecting what you paid. I placed 2 orders too the first was to get what I really wanted so I had to do it in a hurry and the second was to get what I could use. just have to figure out how to connect my pixels to the CTB16PC

2 hours ago, ovsims said:

I didn't put in a ticket but was thinking the same thing. on the front page they said they would combine shipping for multiple orders but it didn't say anything about it affecting what you paid. I placed 2 orders too the first was to get what I really wanted so I had to do it in a hurry and the second was to get what I could use. just have to figure out how to connect my pixels to the CTB16PC

The only way to connect your pixels to your CTB16 is if you purchased a pixel controller. Pixie series or Pixcon. If you want to keep it simple and in the LOR network. 

JR

I've always thought it was a little misleading and confusing referencing dumb rgb as dumb pixels.  LOR does this on their site and I'm sure its confused a few people. 

Was happy to get what I wanted...   And yep clicked send with a quick response from the wife as her phone binged.....  Man it does that fast.  But, she will get over it when she sees the mega tree for the first time.  Did miss having the countdown clock this year...  Unless I missed it somewhere.  Still have items to buy not on sale.  Maybe I'll go on the bank site and disable her notice for the credit card...  :) 

15 hours ago, ovsims said:

my  goodies, my goodies. my goodies got my goodies. 1st package came today

I see you are taking full advantage of the glotals* you won by being first!

*Glotals are a unit of measurement defining the amount smugness that can be attributed to ones own good fortune.  They have no real world value other than to say 'nanny nanny boo boo!  Stick your head in dog doo!' :P

[For the humor impaired, this is of course just fun joking around with ovsims who did indeed place the first order of the sale]

On 4/9/2018 at 6:50 PM, dansamy said:

Hmmm...do I need to submit a ticket?  I ordered a CMB 16 - just one.  and then after it went through I thought, "Well, let me see if I can get another one before they sell out (despite not really having the $$ for one)."  And that order went through.  So I have two orders.  I got emails saying they were shipped (separately) and then the notice came that the shipping was cancelled for both.  I assume LOR caught that they were for one person and decided to combine them, even though I never got a follow-up email with another shipping confirmation number.  

I'm so excited that I'll have 64 channels this year! 

39 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

Hmmm...do I need to submit a ticket?  I ordered a CMB 16 - just one.  and then after it went through I thought, "Well, let me see if I can get another one before they sell out (despite not really having the $$ for one)."  And that order went through.  So I have two orders.  I got emails saying they were shipped (separately) and then the notice came that the shipping was cancelled for both.  I assume LOR caught that they were for one person and decided to combine them, even though I never got a follow-up email with another shipping confirmation number.  

I'm so excited that I'll have 64 channels this year! 

Please open a ticket and I will get you an updated status.  Please include both order numbers (they start YHST and I only need the digits after the last dash). 

Britt and Mary (and everyone else who is probably pitching in rather than doing their normal jobs)  are awesome when it comes to shipping, and I'll bet that is what happened.  

Well, UPS notified me that my box is on a semi that was late getting to a depot in Georgia. So my stuff isn't arriving today. 

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

Please open a ticket and I will get you an updated status.  Please include both order numbers (they start YHST and I only need the digits after the last dash). 

Britt and Mary (and everyone else who is probably pitching in rather than doing their normal jobs)  are awesome when it comes to shipping, and I'll bet that is what happened.  

Will do. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, dansamy said:

Well, UPS notified me that my box is on a semi that was late getting to a depot in Georgia. So my stuff isn't arriving today. 

I hate that when that happens!

1 hour ago, dansamy said:

Mine must be on the same semi as my stuff will be here tomorrow.

Got my e-mail...   On the way will be here next Wednesday....  Love Christmas.  Friday of the sale my 24 year old daughter was in car and I was thinking of the sale.  Started humming Jingle Bells.  She started laughing and said are you humming a Christmas song?  I replied...  Everyday is Christmas for me.  To which my wife replied... Yes it is!!!    So excited about Wednesday....  Ain't it great to have an addiction you do not have to go to a class to get over.....   :) 

Edited by NTJP

57 minutes ago, NTJP said:

Got my e-mail...   On the way will be here next Wednesday....  Love Christmas.  Friday of the sale my 24 year old daughter was in car and I was thinking of the sale.  Started humming Jingle Bells.  She started laughing and said are you humming a Christmas song?  I replied...  Everyday is Christmas for me.  To which my wife replied... Yes it is!!!    So excited about Wednesday....  Ain't it great to have an addiction you do not have to go to a class to get over.....   :) 

If this is true then why does my DW tell me she getting me help.