Light-O-Rama Forums

2018 Spring Sale

CampbellHouse

when there is a sale they put a link at the top of the forum page.  it usually posts a few days before it starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovsims said:

woo hoo got my email today. spring sale in  days. Can't wait

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ovsims said:

woo hoo got my email today. spring sale in  days. Can't wait

Interesting, I ALWAYS receive the E-Mail announcements and have not yet on either of the two addresses that should have gotten it.  Also, nothing on the forum, the website, or the store website.

How long does the Spring sale typically last?

I have been working with the community developer of the neighborhood that I live in and they have agreed to sponsor a light show (for 10 houses on my street) and to pay for the equipment, but they have an approval process before they can spend the money. I’m trying to maximize the budget by buying as much as I can when it goes on sale, but I’m afraid that the sale will be shorter than their payment approval process.

Thanks,

Tom

4 minutes ago, Kayoss2862 said:

I have been working with the community developer of the neighborhood that I live in and they have agreed to sponsor a light show (for 10 houses on my street) and to pay for the equipment, but they have an approval process before they can spend the money. I’m trying to maximize the budget by buying as much as I can when it goes on sale, but I’m afraid that the sale will be shorter than their payment approval process.

Thanks,

Tom

Products in the Spring Sale sometimes last less than an hour before they are sold out.

The Summer Sale has no limits on inventory, with sale prices just a little higher than the Spring Sale.

12 minutes ago, Kayoss2862 said:

Thanks,

Tom

Things that are in high demand will be gone in minutes.  Other stuff may last a few days.  The sale typically last a few days (and that usually includes a weekend).

Just got my email, not april fools, now the fun begins OH yea April 6th

Keith

Edited by Kapkirk
Add date

It's official!  Just got the E-Mail from LOR.  Sale starts Friday evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (or 6:00 PM for me on the west coast).

Luckily for me I only need some spt connectors this year. Spent all of my $ 16/17.

I may "try" to get a set of RGB floods but if they get sold out, I wont be upset.

JR

Jr. Got a question.  I believe you told me that a mini director and the g3 both can run the pixie rgb controllers.  What about the pixcon 16.  Im looking to grab a few 4s. A few 8s and a 16 in the sale.   Inwas gonna get the pixie 16. But only the pixcon is on sale.  Will the pixcon16 be able to be controlled by the mini director?

31 minutes ago, racerc20 said:

Jr. Got a question.  I believe you told me that a mini director and the g3 both can run the pixie rgb controllers.  What about the pixcon 16.  Im looking to grab a few 4s. A few 8s and a 16 in the sale.   Inwas gonna get the pixie 16. But only the pixcon is on sale.  Will the pixcon16 be able to be controlled by the mini director?

The Pixcon must be used on an enhanced network so you must have a Advanced or Pro license. Also the regular mini director cannot do an enhanced network but the umpg3 mini director can.

Edited by Mr. P

36 minutes ago, racerc20 said:

I don't have a Pixcon 16 however I believe Mr. P is correct. One thing to keep in mind, sometimes things get added to the sale however the from the outside looking in and all of the users I have assisted with the pixie16's I would imagine the pixie16 ready to go will not be added. I could be wrong. The every day store price is really not that bad considering how much I spent building all of mine. They did not offer the pixie16 ready to go when I purchased them. I probably have double the cost in each of mine.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Also, if you are going to be using pixels then you are severely limiting yourself with a mini director as pixels will increase your channel count rapidly.

6 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Also, if you are going to be using pixels then you are severely limiting yourself with a mini director as pixels will increase your channel count rapidly.

I tested 3 pixie16's and 12 AC controllers last summer with umpg3, had no problems. However at Halloween 20 AC controllers, 3 pixie16's and pixie 8 had some noticeable lag. That was from my computer. Christmas I ran 8 networks, no problem except the deep freeze my last day, all pixels simply stopped working. -5 degree's. The next day at 40 degrees everything came back on. LOL

Racerc20 , much easier to run from your computer and separate networks than you think, if you have a computer you can dedicate to a show.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I tested 3 pixie16's and 12 AC controllers last summer with umpg3, had no problems. However at Halloween 20 AC controllers, 3 pixie16's and pixie 8 had some noticeable lag. That was from my computer. Christmas I ran 8 networks, no problem except the deep freeze my last day, all pixels simply stopped working. -5 degree's. The next day at 40 degrees everything came back on. LOL

Racerc20 , much easier to run from your computer and separate networks than you think, if you have a computer you can dedicate to a show.

JR

That's pretty good then. I only run two total networks, one LOR and one E1.31. All my pixels run on E1.31 so I have no pixels on my lor network.

I ran my G3-MP3 using two enhanced LOR networks with no lag issues last year.

My Pixcon16 was on one network running at 1,000K.

My (3) dumb rgb controllers and (6) standard ac controllers were on other network.

All I am adding this year is a Pixie4 (placing on same network as Pixcon16) so will be OK.

FYI.  Want to know how I found out about the sale?

I was answering a ticket this morning, and wanted to include a link to a store page.  There was the announcement.