Light-O-Rama Forums

Has anyone heard of when the spring sale will be this year. Need to see if my budget will meet my plans! :)

Early April as I recall.

They will send an email if you signed up.

Prob a few days before the sale.

JR

Hoping I get a tax refund this year so that I can pick up at least one controller.

Think the fire will hurt the sale this year?

Yeah I am waiting on this too.  I hope that the fire isn't going to be a problem though. Thanks for putting that in my head NTJP :P

Based on what was reported at the time, I would not expect the fire to be much of an issue.

Since they have been shipping as usual I’d say no.

IMO they really didn’t miss a beat.

JR

Thanks everyone - hopefully JR is right - need to pick up some RGB controllers. 

The fire happened at the other side of the complex where LOR is. The only impact they had was that their phone lines went down. I assume they have gotten them back up already. 

Within 24 hours of being let back into the building by officials, we were back up and running at 100%.

If there's going to be a sale we start dropping hints a few days before the event so please keep an eye on our website (http://www.LightORama.com) and/or our forums (http://forums.LightORama.com.) 

We also send out an email right before the sale begins. Be sure to sign up at http://www1.lightorama.com/email-signup/

2 hours ago, DevMike said:

Within 24 hours of being let back into the building by officials, we were back up and running at 100%.

If there's going to be a sale we start dropping hints a few days before the event so please keep an eye on our website (http://www.LightORama.com) and/or our forums (http://forums.LightORama.com.) 

We also send out an email right before the sale begins. Be sure to sign up at http://www1.lightorama.com/email-signup/

Uh oh, we must be getting close. Looks like a hint.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Uh oh, we must be getting close. Looks like a hint.  :D

+1

close

Hopefully they'll have some good deals on what we all need! :)

It was not a hint.  That is the standard canned reply we give to people on the help desk when they ask about a sale.

I have no clue if/when a sale will occur.  

2 hours ago, DevMike said:

It was not a hint.  That is the standard canned reply we give to people on the help desk when they ask about a sale.

I have no clue if/when a sale will occur.  

Hint #2, plausible deniability, must be getting close.  :D  

• Like 1

This is so exciting. It's my first time and with all this mis-direction I can hardly sleep at night

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ovsims said:

This is so exciting. It's my first time and with all this mis-direction I can hardly sleep at night

You better type around 80-120 words a minute, you'll need that speed to place your order during the spring sale.  I tried a couple times and by the time I was done submitting my order, the main items on my order were sold out.

Yep.... "Not giving any Hints".  But, sure hope there is a sale....  Last year was my first and sounds like the same.  Checked daily for any hint of the sale and then when it posted, made my list and had my Ipad and computer both going...  Oh yea, asked the wife if I could buy... Did not say how much....   Then came the sale...  Just like having Christmas...  Could not wait... Watched the count down and within 15 seconds had the order ready.  Pushed buy and the excitement was like opening a Christmas present.  Forgot to mention wife gets text alert anytime credit card is used....  Then I hear "NORMAN>>>>>"  yep...  She got the cost.  Went all summer then fall building props and making sequences.  Wife not happy...  Said I love the computer more than her.....   Then had an opening night....  After first sequence played she sad "What we doing for next year"  :)  SOLD  Now wife excited and buying the mega tree.... :)  Happy day......  Wife planning opening night with hot chocolate and candy canes...     and here I am again checking daily waiting for that sale......   FOR YOU NEW GUYS.....  It is living a dream and like being Christmas everyday of the year.  You hear songs and dream of light shows.....  It is a way of life...... ENJOY   Use the form for questions and advise.  Have received a lot....  dibblejr has been a big help answering questions and reading post.  I know there are may others with advice I have read and all are good.

got a secret stash of money (bonus she doesn't know about) so hopefully the DW won't find out about my hopeful spending until christmas

1 hour ago, namecipS said:

You better type around 80-120 words a minute, you'll need that speed to place your order during the spring sale.  I tried a couple times and by the time I was done submitting my order, the main items on my order were sold out.

Never quit looking even if it says sold out. Sometimes more will come out.

If all else fails you’ll have to pay full price anyways so never hurts to check for item every day.

JR

Posted (edited)

Here’s how you shop like a pro:

Edited by Mega Arch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Here’s how you shop like a pro:

Luckily the stuff I have purchased were not the most wanted. However last year I purchased my ccr mega tree- during your mini. The hotel had bad reception and it sold out the first day. Sunday morning Don noticed they had more so I lucked out.

I ended up getting 5 AC controllers, the ccr mega tree and a couple pixies along with extra ccr ribbons. 

Funny how Don and I shared the room, he had good reception and I had spotty reception.

JR

• Haha 1