Light-O-Rama Forums

TriState / Jersey Mini 2018

Dan Ancona

Registration is now open! Visit the web page below to sign up. This year’s event will be held on April 14th at Pierre's in the Dayton section of So Brunswick. The site is easily accessible from the NJ Turnpike and Route 130. Doors open at 9:30, presentations start at 10am, lunch around 12:30 and we wrap up at about 5 or so. Cost this year is $50 per person. I have made every effort to keep the cost down.  Agenda is still in the works.  I think we are going to have a very loose agenda this year with a few presentations early in the day and then possibly some smaller group discussions on topics of interest that were brought up via the survey. At least, I hope we can accomplish this. With that said, I encourage you all to bring along something you’re proud of or made or possibly an item that others have made mention of here.  Check with me if you have any questions.  .  In years past, is seems like people enjoy the milling around between stations and being able to have more time to talk to one another.  I’m open to anyone that would like to be a presenter.  I’ll post some topics soon, or if you have one, let me know.

For those coming in from a distance, hotel arrangements have been made with a slightly reduced rate at the Renaissance/ South Brunswick, same hotel as the past 2 years.  You will find a link on the web page that will assist in making the reservations or simply call the hotel – number on the web page.  The reduced rate covers room bookings for Thursday as well as Friday and Saturday, as I’m aware some may come in earlier. Red Cup Social will of course be held on Friday night.  The restaurant will be announced soon.  Everyone will well come to attend.

There is still a lot of work to be done prior to the event, so please stay tuned.  The web site will be updated accordingly throughout prior to the date of the event.

https://dancona4.wixsite.com/tristatemini2018

You can also play along on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157080087781386/

• 3 weeks later...

I received a nice note from someone who will be attending the mini this year, which they stated they are new and very much looking forward to the event.
Got me thinking, if you are relatively new to the hobby, I don't want you to think this will be only for those that have been around for a while. Please sign up!! You will never again have the opportunity this year to talk in person to those that have the answers to all your questions!!! April 14th is right around the corner!!! Hope to see all of you there!!

Since your brackets are busted and your teams are on their way home, might as well sign up for the Jersey mini today!!

• The topic was locked