Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting 12 string Mega tree sequences to 16

jwblazek

Been surfing the web and their are indications that there is a way to change 12 string sequences to 16 string sequences. This would save a tremendous amount of work, is there aa way to do this? I have a ton of sequences with 12 strings but want to increase the density of my tree to 16 this year

1 hour ago, jwblazek said:

Been surfing the web and their are indications that there is a way to change 12 string sequences to 16 string sequences. This would save a tremendous amount of work, is there aa way to do this? I have a ton of sequences with 12 strings but want to increase the density of my tree to 16 this year

Just search "scale" in this forum and you will find the answer.

5 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

Just search "scale" in this forum and you will find the answer.

SuperStar makes it very easy in less that 15 seconds.

JR

1 hour ago, jwblazek said:

SuperStar makes it very easy.

JR

No you can not scale from 12 to 16, you can only change the amount of pixels in a string. From Brain....

"superstar has the ability to stretch or shrink the number of pixels per string, but it does not have the ability to stretch the number of strings.

The reasoning is that the resolution of the strings is typically 50 or more pixels, and that gives enough resolution to stretch or shrink and still have it look pretty good.

But the resolution in the other direction is low, typically 12 or 16. If you try to stretch 12 into 16 you have to either duplicate every 3 string, or have 4th string be a mixture of two strings. Either way, it doesn't look real good. But I have had several people ask for it, so I should look into doing it. The easiest way is to duplicate strings. In your case it would mean duplicating every string, meaning that you would have 12 pairs of strings where the two strings in each pair would be doing the same thing."

3 hours ago, jerry72 said:

No you can not scale from 12 to 16, you can only change the amount of pixels in a string. From Brain....

"superstar has the ability to stretch or shrink the number of pixels per string, but it does not have the ability to stretch the number of strings.

The reasoning is that the resolution of the strings is typically 50 or more pixels, and that gives enough resolution to stretch or shrink and still have it look pretty good.

But the resolution in the other direction is low, typically 12 or 16. If you try to stretch 12 into 16 you have to either duplicate every 3 string, or have 4th string be a mixture of two strings. Either way, it doesn't look real good. But I have had several people ask for it, so I should look into doing it. The easiest way is to duplicate strings. In your case it would mean duplicating every string, meaning that you would have 12 pairs of strings where the two strings in each pair would be doing the same thing."

Jerry, In version v4.3.24 it can now be done. It's very simple actually. Search "scale" in the superstar forum and you will see where Brian explains how it is done.