Light-O-Rama Forums

Tutorial - Making a Customized Animated Gif for use with Effect Generator

I was working on my sequences today and was using a couple of different programs to create customized animated gif pictures for use with LOR S5 Effects Generator. I made a tutorial that explains how I make the gifs, then use them in LOR S5.

The first program I use is called Jinx. I use this program for capturing animated screens. This program has a lot of features and is worth looking at if you intend to make your own customized gifs, and it's free. :)

The second program I use is Camtasia, it is a Video Editor with Screen capture abilities. It is not free, in fact it is not cheap. $199.00 I think. However it was on my Christmas wish list, and Santa came through for me. :D It is a very powerful and full featured video editor. It has a free 2 week trial.

The original gif started out as this

motion-radio-05.gif

I added this background to it.

metaballs1.gif

and came out with this

rocker10.gif

This is the video tutorial of how I did all this. Hope you enjoy.

Alan...

Edited by default
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alan- once again a great tutorial and info link. Love the effects.

Going to try both programs my current one is very difficult to use.

I am away today or would tell you which one I ave. I think easy gif creator but not easy in my book

Great stuff as always Thank you

JR

Alan - where did you get the rocker dude? I have found those type of images as in clip art to look the best. This looks much easier than easy gif creator.

Just wondering if there is software for the rocker type image.

Thank you

JR

This guy I found on Bing Image, search for "animated Rock Guitar Player Cartoon". Yes, the clip art style is better, but also a little harder to find with animation. I've played with easy gif creator before, it does work just takes more time than I was interested in spending with it. Paint Shop Pro (pre Adobe) came with a very good gif editor similar to easy gif creator, but Windows 10 updates forces a reinstall after every update.

Camtasia is not really a gif editor, but it has the ability to edit gifs as a whole. lol, If that makes sense. Meaning I can change the background, but I can't change his shirt color on every frame. That would have to be done with something like easy gif creator, where you have the ability to look (and modify) each frame. It does allow me to enlarge, rotate, crop which is very handy when trying to catch a section of the gif I want to see on the props.

Alan...

Alan- I really like the rocker image quality over the pixelated images.

Most of my images came from one source   Ghiphy. However you have to find the smaller gifs.

One thing I found is google mini gifs you can get the smaller size but limited.

Thanks for a he tutorial and the reply.

JR