Light-O-Rama Summer Sale Announcement! Read more... ×
Light-O-Rama Forums

I am Using The S5 Sequencer version 5.016 and trying to add in a movie, and all I keep getting is the error Unsupported compression scheme: "H264" - use uncompressed AVI video instead.  Tried every program I know but with no luck, does anyone know of how to make a uncompressed AVI video.

I have used AVS4YOU in the past. It is not free but if you buy the Suite, you get a Sound Editor, Video Editor, Video Conversion, Screen Capture program,  etc... All very handy things to have in this hobby.

Lately I have been using Camtasia. It is $ pricey $, but it does everything I want in a Video Editor. Creates Gifs, avi, mp4, etc...

I've not used it, but some here say they use VirtualDub. It's free.

Personally I use Gif files instead of an AVI uncompressed file. Mainly because uncompressed AVI files tend to get really big, even if you delete the sound track (which is encoded in an AVI and probably not needed in a musical sequence)

Gifs are limited to 256 colors, AVI will represent all the colors better, however for a 5 - 20 second clip shown on a very pixelated platform, is this important? Depending on what prop you are trying to show the clip, a High Definition rendering is not needed.

I convert the clip to a gif file first and test it see to see if it shows what I want, more times than not, I find the animated gif file is just what I need.

If you want pm me a link to the clip (or email it to me) and I will convert it to both a gif and AVI uncompressed for you to try it.

Alan...

You can search this forum and the Pixel Editor forum for the word "movie" to find related threads. This is one such thread:

On 2/18/2018 at 6:36 AM, anthonyrusso3 said:

I am Using The S5 Sequencer version 5.016 and trying to add in a movie, and all I keep getting is the error Unsupported compression scheme: "H264" - use uncompressed AVI video instead.  Tried every program I know but with no luck, does anyone know of how to make a uncompressed AVI video.

have you tried googling it?  I have needed to convert youtube to AVI/MP4 etc. and have found several sites that can do that for me.

We probably should have mentioned that anthony took me up on my offer to render his clip in Avi Uncompressed. I also rendered the clip in gif format, also in various sizes to see what worked best for him. Last I heard from him, he was having issues d/l ing the avi's due to his internet connection.

Alan...

I have a problem with FIOS too - it ends about a half mile down the road 😭