Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR equipment to Canada

GRG

For all the fellow Canadians who have purchased LOR equipment and had it shipped to Canada, can you remember how bad the duty/brokerage fees were?  Exchange rate is easy enough to factor in, but wondering about the other "associated" costs.

Edited by GRG

When I bough some approx. ($650.00) it was around $70.00 that was about 5 years ago.

I live in  Ontario, and a little over 1hour from the boarder so now have a free drop box to have($5.00 to pick up parcel) in the US and just go over and pick it up myself. I is quicker just plan a trip to the US for a shopping.

I dont remember it being too bad. Generally about 5% last time via post. Lor will reach out to you with shipping costs prior to charging you.  Go Post. Cheaper in the long run. 

13 hours ago, robongar said:

I live 10 minuets from the border. Have a P.O. box on the other side. Very useful.

3 word sentence 

S-H-H

They let you out every now and then. Havent seen you post on here in a while and three words doesn't let me ask you , how did your pixel show go last year?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

If I correct the S/H includes the brokerage fee but one thing to remember is when its ships that you if you insure it for the cost of the item you may end up paying more as you will have to pay the PST/GST on the insured value. It might be cheaper to have someone who lives close to the border to pick it up for you and then ship it from their location.

One good thing about this is if its not too pricy you may not have to pay PST/GST when crossing the boarder. No guarantee on that as it is up to each guard as I ended up not having to pay for two controllers. The first one I had shipped to me in Canada and it was $60 to ship to me in Canada vs $25 to the Box number across the boarder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked