Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 2 Leaping Arch Effect

CampbellHouse

Have a Pixie 2 with two 50 count bullets pixels strings. Had it in my show this year and it looked great. Used Pixel Editor to program.

Have two questions - In Pixel Editor does anyone know how to program it so it will "leap" from one to the other? Like you see in a lot a video. I tried everything and could get it to leap but not start on one and finish on the other. 

Second question - As I said I program pixels in Pixel Editor. Do most people do that or set them up using DMX and program in Sequence Editor?

In Pixel Editor I have it set as one string with 6 sections each with 8 pixels - does that sound correct? Wondering if that's the issue since there's only one line to program the effect. 

Appreciate any advise anyone can offer. 

My arches are using LOR CCPs (50 pixels per arch).  They are setup as LOR channels.  I sequence entirely in SuperStar where it is easy to do what you are trying to do.

11 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

Hey, CampbellHouse.......where you located in the "great" state of Illinois?

Barrlett - one  of the suburbs west of Chicago. What about you?

9 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Campbell  are you using smart or dumb pixels ?

Sorry missed that detail in my original post - using smart pixels. 

How do your have your archs  setup each arch on its own in the pixel editor ?     you should create a group with the two archs then try bars effect  and left movement the colors now will jump from one arch to the next one ,not the only way just an example. By the way where pretty close I live by Midway Airport 

Could also group both arches and place spiral/bar effect on group.

I am located in west central illinois. Macomb....home of Western Illinois University. GO Leathernecks!

On 2/6/2018 at 7:17 PM, Vince4xmas said:

My arches are using LOR CCPs (50 pixels per arch).  I have 4 arches. Used PE last year with no issues. Moving to S5 next year.

My link to videos is below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm6LIwfPJ_s5jX_XVH0r3sw

If you need additional assistance PM me.

Thanks

Hey Vince4xmas - Any chance you might be willing to share the "Do you hear what I hear" sequence - I'd just like to see how you have them setup. I still think something is wrong on my setup. I've tried everything - spiral gets me the closest but it's still not right.

I've been working with S5 and I have to say I'm not a fan right now - I'm sure it's just a matter of getting use to it and understand exactly how it works but I actually switched back to S4 on my programming laptop so I could keep going. Maybe later this year I'll take another look.

The mini trees and candy canes in your display - are they from Holiday Coro or Boscoyo?

Appreciate your patience :)

Thanks for the suggestion Dennis Laff - I'm going to give it a try.

Let me know when you lights go up this year - Will have to try and make it down to see them.

Here's a sample of mine from this year - Sound isn't that great - was in my car and trying to record on my phone. Let me know what you think.

https://vimeo.com/248312853

Thanks,

The mini trees and candy canes are from Holiday Coro. Have had them in my display for 2 years. Trees are dumb RGB and canes are pixels.

i just received some of my new props for next year from Boscoyo (2 snowflakes and 1 wreath). These will be pixels (96 per snowflake & 99 for wreath....using a pixie4 to control them).

PM me and I will send you "Do You Hear What I Hear".

Using S5 for next years show.

Thanks

On 2/6/2018 at 6:59 PM, k6ccc said:

My arches are using LOR CCPs (50 pixels per arch).  They are setup as LOR channels.  I sequence entirely in SuperStar where it is easy to do what you are trying to do.

Thanks Jim - Thanks for the input - unfortunately I don't have SuperStar. Looking at possibly getting it this year to try it but for now I'll have to stick with what I got.

• The topic was locked