Light-O-Rama Forums
KeysNole

Powering a pixel mega tree

I had some data runs over cat5 in the 50ft range with my Falcons last year.   The differential expansions and receivers helped me keep my data runs short for most of my display.  No complaints with my Falcons, (3) F16v3 and (3) F4v3 with lots of differential receivers throughout my display.  Great controller and great customer support from Mr. DPitts!

18 minutes ago, uncledan said:

I had some data runs over cat5 in the 50ft range with my Falcons last year.   The differential expansions and receivers helped me keep my data runs short for most of my display.  No complaints with my Falcons, (3) F16v3 and (3) F4v3 with lots of differential receivers throughout my display.  Great controller and great customer support from Mr. DPitts!

Thank you

I need 50’ exactly for roof peak. With the expansion does it receive power from the main PCb or do I need another ps?

After reading I think it gets power from main but just checking.

After David and I spoke in 2016 I should have pulled the trigger when they were released but thinking about firmware issues and they sounded confusing to me at the time so went with what I thought was easier. At least for me it worked out but now time to step up.

Thank again

JR

JR I have a few falcon  reciver boards about 75 ft from  the main board. But I do power the recievers with there own power supplys     Don't really know if the can get enough power over the cat-5 cable. As for temps it was around zero for about a week this Christmas season. But had no problems with controllers I also have a few props about 30 feet  direct from controller without any problems .

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Thank you

I need 50’ exactly for roof peak. With the expansion does it receive power from the main PCb or do I need another ps?

After reading I think it gets power from main but just checking.

After David and I spoke in 2016 I should have pulled the trigger when they were released but thinking about firmware issues and they sounded confusing to me at the time so went with what I thought was easier. At least for me it worked out but now time to step up.

Thank again

JR

Receivers are powered separately. The Falcon web interface is very easy to use and quite user friendly.  Any issues or questions there is a ton of support.  I've had several long phone conversations with DPitts.  Some not even regarding Falcon product.  Not too many people give out their cell phones and answer it whenever it rings. 

I will be getting one of those spider webs from James, however mine will be 8'x8', using dumb nodes, 12 outputs.