Light-O-Rama Forums

AutoFlip clipboard tool for S5

ItsMeBobO

19 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Please download the new current version 1.2.4 which preserves the motion effects.

Yes Bob, 1.2.4 works fine. Thanks again for the fast fix.

Alan...

• 1 month later...

A change has been made to AutoFlip to better support S4 users.      We are now on version 1.3.4.     A big thank you to those who have made suggestions, reported problems, and helped troubleshoot and test. 

You can now select an existing clipboard file to flip and where to save the flipped result.   This is in addition to naming a new clipbload with the flip style so you dont even have to touch the AutoFlip program.   To access the new file features you click the tiny button with the < > on it.    This addition makes AutoFlip even closer to the soon to retire "Clipboard Flipper" tool.

For S4 you need to tell AutoFlip when you are flipping regular channels or sets of channels which make a Pixel.     If you dont set this correctly your channels may get rearranged.     S5 users dont need to set this because the clipboard file contains that information. 

AutoFlipGif.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.3.5  has been released.   This version continues the increasing of support for S4.    Now you can use the "Matrix Multiplier" features -ro and -io  on an S4 clipboard.   

This feature is used to expand a clipboard vertically.    

• 2 months later...

Version 1.3.6 has been released.     The -ro regular multiplier type was locking up on extra large clipboards.  It is now much faster and doesnt show 'not responding'.   If you have more than 1.5 million effects you may need to split into two clipboards. 

• 1 year later...

We finally got this feature into the S5 Sequencer (version 5.4.0) - in the Paste Special dialog.

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/cut_copy_paste.htm

A special note when flipping vertical. The logic works by pasting the first row of the clipboard into the last selected row. So copying 10 rows, then selecting the **top-left cell** of the destination, then invoking Paste Special with flip vertical checked will NOT do what you want. Instead, select the **bottom-left cell**, and then Paste Special with flip vertical.

Thanks Bob for the inspiration, and creating useful tools for Light-O-Rama users.

Matt

@MattBrown

Thanks for getting this in S5. I will be wrapping up my prop making fun this coming weekend and will be back to working on sequencing. I will let you know how it goes as I used Bob's tool heavily in S4.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:08 AM, MattBrown said:

We finally got this feature into the S5 Sequencer (version 5.4.0) - in the Paste Special dialog.

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/cut_copy_paste.htm

A special note when flipping vertical. The logic works by pasting the first row of the clipboard into the last selected row. So copying 10 rows, then selecting the **top-left cell** of the destination, then invoking Paste Special with flip vertical checked will NOT do what you want. Instead, select the **bottom-left cell**, and then Paste Special with flip vertical.

Thanks Bob for the inspiration, and creating useful tools for Light-O-Rama users.

Matt

This is so exciting to hear.  Thanks Matt for adding this feature to S5!        

AutoFlip will remain available for S4 users.      AutoFlip also provides pixel multiplier functions for those who might need them. 

13 minutes ago, dougd said:

I use the pixel multiplier options the most. Works great when you change props from one year to the next, no need to re-sequence. 

Hey @dougd

What is the pixel multiplier option? I am about get back to sequencing and I am curious about all the pixel tools in S5.

Thanks, Greg

• The topic was locked