Light-O-Rama Forums

AutoFlip clipboard tool for S5

ItsMeBobO

Introducing  AutoFlip   clipboard flipping tool for S5.   This is a replacement for Clipboard Flipper which is still in use for S3 & S4 clipboard file formats. 

AutoFlip is still in Beta Release.  It has been tested and all reported issues have been fixed.  Please PM me or post here if you wish.    

This program watches in the background for new clipboards which you want to flip and generates the flipped clipboard without leaving the Sequencer and without clicking any buttons.

AutoFlip can be downloaded here.   

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 2

I can't imagine sequencing (especially pixels) without Clipboard Flipper.  Most useful add-on I've ever seen.

IMO, this is something that LOR should have bought years ago and incorporated into their software.

Thanks Bob for updating this awesomr tool. I agree with George LOR should buy your clipboard and intergrate it directly into thier sovftware.  ?

You guys are very nice to say that but I don't desire an offer like that.   Flipping is not that complex a task. LOR dev team could implement it in their own way without any help from me if it was seen as valuable and were prioritized.  I believe it should be part of sequencer and SE as a paste option.    "Paste flipped Horizontal" &  "Paste flipped Vertical" could be in the floating context menu. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

You guys are very nice to say that but I don't desire an offer like that.   Flipping is not that complex a task. LOR dev team could implement it in their own way without any help from me if it was seen as valuable and were prioritized.  I believe it should be part of sequencer and SE as a paste option.    "Paste flipped Horizontal" &  "Paste flipped Vertical" could be in the floating context menu. 

We shouldn't even be having this conversation in 2018.  More than one person a dozen people who've gone through my Sequence U classes the past few years have mentioned Clipboard Flipper as one of the most useful tools they learned about.  It's a shame that LOR seems to pay so little attention to the things that so many of their most avid and active sequencers have to say and suggest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Simmons said:

We shouldn't even be having this conversation in 2018.  More than one person a dozen people who've gone through my Sequence U classes the past few years have mentioned Clipboard Flipper as one of the most useful tools they learned about.  It's a shame that LOR seems to pay so little attention to the things that so many of their most avid and active sequencers have to say and suggest.

We at LOR do sometimes miss things and perhaps we sometimes prioritize the wrong things but we have done our best to listen to our customers needs. And we plan to continue doing so. For example S5 was a result of our customer's requests. But in any case I do not think that LOR pays little attention to their customers and I know for sure that is not our intention. 

I noticed that we have not been receiving requests to the wishlist (probably because people did not know it existed ).  In any case we have a few requests from 2016 and none after that. For the wishlist send an email to ( wishlist@lightorama.com ) describing in as much detail as possible the feature you would like to see... Based on the number of times we see a request the more chance that item will be included in the software (or hardware's firmware)... But even if we only see a clever idea once we may end up adding it to the software. Many of the features in S3 and S4 came from the wishlist. 

So please if you have a suggestion for the software please send an email to wishlist@lightorama.com ... Now is a great time to send in those wishes as we will be getting S5 ready for release this year! 

Also I would like to thank Bob for everything he has done over the years for LOR users. 

Best regards,    Dan Baldwin (President ... Light-O-Rama, Inc.) 

Thanks Dan for posting on this thread.  We appreciate you letting us know you are listening.   For this particular topic of  Pasting effects flipped from how they were copied,  I hope its ok to presume you all know about it now.    

The older version of this tool ClipboardFlipper has been around for 6 years and I can estimate the downloads at about 250-300 per year.  

Very old threads about how it came to be are  here and here and they include posts to load up the wishlist with requests. 

Not to ride you too hard Dan.. but   you commented on flipping in spring 2011 and said then that it was on the wishlist.    

I have never really used the clipboard prior to this but doing pixel work... just wow! It saves so much time.

Thanks for creating such an amazing tool Bob.

BTW i am still on S4 and had to use the older version. http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

Edited by gsmith37064

• 2 weeks later...

There have been no bug reports or feature requests from the dozen of you who have downloaded AutoFlip.   Please message me or post any comments here. 

The Beta release of AutoFlip has about another week before it expires.   After that I will release version 1.0 and a new video.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A new version of AutoFlip has been posted with new features.    This version can convert S5 clipboards to S4 and   S4 Clipboards to S5 formats.   This conversion works for PIXELS but will not work for regular channels or mixed pixel channels and regular.     For those who are using my other pixels tools or SpEx tool (which create S4 clipboards),   you will create a clipboard with the -4o  ending and autoflip will make it usable in S5.

• 2 months later...

Version 1.2 of AutoFlip has been released.      I am pleased to announce that Autoflip will now flip clipboards instantly for both S5 and S4  I plan to let the old program "Clipboard Flipper" age out and have those interested use AutoFlip.

This version adds another clipboard manipulation type.   'Compress' will remove and merge tiny events in a clipboard. (S4 only at this time).  

The need for this one came about when I used the 'Stretch to fit' sequencer option.   The option can scale down events so they are very small, sometimes only one centi-second in duration.  This just ends up being chatter in a very fast moving effect and clogs my busy network with effects which are usually not seen.   Ending your clipboard in  -co will give you a new one ending in -cc which has all the events under 4 centiseconds in duration merged with adjacent events. 

AutoFlip120.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO

I was seriously just thinking about this today while working with some RGB fades. It's a pain to copy each line individually to continue down another eight channels when I already did it to 8 and want to reverse the other eight.

Will have to look into this. I have a feeling that will save me a ton of time if this is what I think it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Reminder:   All copies of Clipboard Flipper will expire at the end of July.    Please use AutoFlip to manipulate your clipboard files going forward.   

Bob,

Is AutoFlip meant to flip a clipboard that is comprised of Motion Effects?

When I try to do this, whatever Motion Effects are in the original copy get changed to Colorwash in the flipped copy.

TIA,

Alan...

Hey Alan     Please send me additional detail here or privately by sending a link to the files.  I am not sure what you are referring to.    

heh Bob, I'm all about doing short gifs /videos to illustrate issues. It's makes it easier to understand. I got busy and lazy last night and it didn't happen. :)

Anyways, here's a short video to explain what I am seeing. I did not read anywhere, that Motion Effects would not work. Maybe I missed something. If however this were able to work it would be very cool.

Thanks in advance for looking into it.

Alan...

Thanks for the video.  Please download the new current version 1.2.4 which preserves the motion effects.