Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Floods -- what do you do with them?

Scott Tuthill

23 hours ago, TheDucks said:

10W is a little less than 1A @ 12V, so you could go up to 4 on some channels.  You can ALSO add another (weather resistant) supply (mount external) and split the banks (the inputs are bonded together for a Single PSU)

Thanks for that info. I am new to rgb floods and just researching them until mine arrive so I havent got the kit yet. Just ordered it but if you all know where I can find the specs sheet please let me know.

I was looking to see if I can add 2 floods 10w floods per output. Seeing as there is 8 rgb outputs on the board, I was wondering if I can double it to say 16 floods and just add two per output without going over the max output. If not I will just buy another board and power supply. But trying to see if I really need to buy it at this point. No sense buying a second it the board can handle it.

I don't really need 16 floods. More like only 12 but figured I would ask you guys about this since you all know the specs.. 

Yes, you should be fine running two 10W floods on each RGB output set on a CMB24D

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Yes, you should be fine running two 10W floods on each RGB output set on a CMB24D

Thank you so much for the reply. I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure. I'm going to buy another CMB240 board this summer but use it for rgb headstones for Halloween. Then just use the plug n show flood kit for the floods. Thanks again

4 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Thanks for that info. I am new to rgb floods and just researching them until mine arrive so I havent got the kit yet. Just ordered it but if you all know where I can find the specs sheet please let me know.

I was looking to see if I can add 2 floods 10w floods per output. Seeing as there is 8 rgb outputs on the board, I was wondering if I can double it to say 16 floods and just add two per output without going over the max output. If not I will just buy another board and power supply. But trying to see if I really need to buy it at this point. No sense buying a second it the board can handle it.

I don't really need 16 floods. More like only 12 but figured I would ask you guys about this since you all know the specs.. 

You can safely pull 160W continuously from that 200W supply. That  is 16 Floods.  Since we rarely leave them on for (4+) hours,  you can peak at the full 200W (20 floods)

Also, the CMB24D can  30A per BANK  (60 floods, both banks). all you need is another Supply , wire 1 per bank.  Since, 60 seems like a huge amount of floods in a close (say 40 radius from the controller), 2 controllers (locations) might make more sense, even if the load is not an issue.