Light-O-Rama Forums
k6ccc

JRW15 - LOR Post called every time I start up S5.0.16

Module: S5 Sequencer

Software Version: 5.0.16

OS Version: Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit

Description:

On this computer, every time I start S5.0.15, I have to re-enter the user data folder.

S5.0.16_LOR-Post-1.png

After I select L:\, I get this confirmation popup:

S5.0.16_LOR-Post-2.png

The second odd part is that after selecting "Yes" in the confirmation box, and the "Next" button becomes a "Finish" button, it once again brings up the confirmation window.  Once again I select "Yes", and then back to "Finish", and the second time it takes.

However, next time I start S5, I have to go through this again.  Here's where it gets even weirder.  If I click "Cancel" (which I would expect would leave S5 looking for user data in "C:\Users\jim.K6CCC.001\DocumentLight-O-Rama"), It correctly looks for data in L:\Sequences\

S5.0.16_LOR-Post-3.png

Repeatability:  Every time I start S5.

Here is the "about" data:

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.0.16
Pro Edition

Copyright 2016-2017 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series
OpenGL version: 3.3.10750 Compatibility Profile Context

cool, not just me, i thought it was an issue on my PC. I am having the same exact issue, When i open .16 i have to confirm the file path again, happens 1 out of every few times i open. I looked at some security permissions to my folders and added "everyone" for now to have full control so i will see again tonight if the issue is linked to that

Edited by brichi

I have had .16 installed since the day it came out on 3 computers and have not had that problem. What is the path you are using brichi?

mine is going to google drive but i did try a test having it local as the normal file path also and no luck, I'm hoping the permissions help. I did start having the issue too when i went back to S$ to test out a DMX light and then uninstalled and installed S5 again

5 minutes ago, brichi said:

I did start having the issue too when i went back to S5 to test out a DMX light and then uninstalled and installed S5 again

I wonder if this may have something to do with it.  The computer I'm having the issue with has gone back and forth from S4 to S5 and repeat at least a half dozen times. 

interesting... I tried even renaming folders and doing an install so it was all fresh but no luck

I totally screwed up one computer early on going back and forth, tried to fool it and it fooled me. I had to go into the registry and fix all the paths for LOR.

Sounding like this is not totally unheard of then.  Solution may just be to uninstall LOR, use the registry wipe program and re-install.

whats the registry wipe program? sounds dangerous, lol

LOR has a utility that wires all LOR entries from the registry.  I don't have it handy, but a search should find it.

Today, completely uninstalled LOR - including deleting the C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama folder and running the LOR Registry Wipe utility, then reinstalled 5.0.16.  This problem seems to be gone, so it sounds like something got confused with the many version swaps.

not here, i installed all, ran that reg wipe, installed S5 and still get prompted every time