Light-O-Rama Forums

Mixing Pixels from Different Vendors on the Pixie 4

toddm1919

Is it possible to use pixels from LOR and HolidayCoro on the same Pixie4 at the same time?  I am not sure if the color order for both vendors are the same.  If they are not, I know that you can specify the color order on the Pixie4, but I am not sure if you can specify it for each port.

The best answer is maybe.  You can not count on the color order being the same between the batches of the same pixels from the same vendor - especially when buying direct from China.  The large distributors may be large enough to ensure that the pixels that they buy from China are all the same.

The other issue is that strings that are bought from different sources or different production batches may not color match exactly the same.  For example one string may be slightly warmer color than another.  One of the recommendations is to always buy extra pixels so when you have to replace a string or pixel down the road, the replacement will look the same.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can only specify 1 color order for all 4 ports on the Pixie 4. If you have RGB bulbs and RGB strips that have different color orders, you can use S5 and specify the color order for each port when you create the "props" for each unit ID. In S4, it's tricky and labor intensive to reorder the channel numbers for each pixel to match the color order. 

• The topic was locked