Light-O-Rama Forums

Photobucket - Downloading/Retrieving your light display pics

Santas Helper

We all take pictures of our projects and light show displays and want to share them with others. Many of use relied on Photobucket for 3rd party hosting and storage of those pics. But for the past 6 months or so I've been hearing others talk about Photobucket jacking the 3rd party hosting with a $100 (personal use) or $400 (commercial use) upgrade to continue sharing pics.

3rd%20Party%20hosting_zpsk1f5xfi8.png

It finally caught up with me getting a notification to upgrade prior to my renewal subscription in April. I've been a member of Photobucket since 2007 and having over 2000 pics, I wanted to download the pics to keep on my hard drive so I can have the option to switch to something else for sharing pics. Problem I found yesterday was the download button was removed for bulk/album download. The only way was to open each picture one by one and save it to my computer. Over 2000 pics would take a while. Not a happy camper. :angry: So I did some digging...

So now I'm using Photobucket to share pics of what to do to save your display pics and get out of Photobucket (if you choose to do so). :) 

I found this option online and haven't heard anyone else here mentioned it so I thought I would share what I found and my experience.

Photobucket Album Downloader - and it works like a dream.

The cost is $1.99 (under 2 bucks) but is well worth the price when having so many pics to download to my computer.

Photobucket%20Album%20Downloader_zpsccdv

It's very easy to use but you must use Google Chrome when doing it.

The only way I could download all of my images was by using the Google CHROME browser and purchasing and installing the plugin 'Photobucket Album Downloader' In CHROME go to EXTENSIONS and look for it, then add it as an extension:. Once you have installed the 'Photobucket Album Downloader' extension login to your Photobucket account, on the right hand side of the window you will see a NEW ADDITION... 'Download'. Hit the 'Download' button and save your entire Album. It will download all of your photos to your computer as a ZIP file.

Here is the link to the downloader.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc?hl=en

I realize others have a different approach to sharing their pics but for us that used Photobucket, at least there is an option to save/download what you uploaded for so many years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

We all take pictures of our projects and light show displays and want to share them with others. Many of use relied on Photobucket for 3rd party hosting and storage of those pics. But for the past 6 months or so I've been hearing others talk about Photobucket jacking the 3rd party hosting with a $100 (personal use) or $400 (commercial use) upgrade to continue sharing pics.

3rd%20Party%20hosting_zpsk1f5xfi8.png

It finally caught up with me getting a notification to upgrade prior to my renewal subscription in April. I've been a member of Photobucket since 2007 and having over 2000 pics, I wanted to download the pics to keep on my hard drive so I can have the option to switch to something else for sharing pics. Problem I found yesterday was the download button was removed for bulk/album download. The only way was to open each picture one by one and save it to my computer. Over 2000 pics would take a while. Not a happy camper. :angry: So I did some digging...

So now I'm using Photobucket to share pics of what to do to save your display pics and get out of Photobucket (if you choose to do so). :) 

I found this option online and haven't heard anyone else here mentioned it so I thought I would share what I found and my experience.

Photobucket Album Downloader - and it works like a dream.

The cost is $1.99 (under 2 bucks) but is well worth the price when having so many pics to download to my computer.

Photobucket%20Album%20Downloader_zpsccdv

It's very easy to use but you must use Google Chrome when doing it.

The only way I could download all of my images was by using the Google CHROME browser and purchasing and installing the plugin 'Photobucket Album Downloader' In CHROME go to EXTENSIONS and look for it, then add it as an extension:. Once you have installed the 'Photobucket Album Downloader' extension login to your Photobucket account, on the right hand side of the window you will see a NEW ADDITION... 'Download'. Hit the 'Download' button and save your entire Album. It will download all of your photos to your computer as a ZIP file.

Here is the link to the downloader.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc?hl=en

I realize others have a different approach to sharing their pics but for us that used Photobucket, at least there is an option to save/download what you uploaded for so many years.

Thanks for sharing. I’m one of the ones that PB hit early on. Don’t have as many pictures as you do, but glad you found a way to help others that might have. 

Really need LOR to get resynched with Tapatalk. That was such an easy way to post pictures and use the forums. 

Anyway, thanks again Tom. 

This is a good example of why I don't use any cloud services to store my files unless it is just a backup copy.  Better to have an external drive of some kind.

5 hours ago, Brian Mitchell said:

This is a good example of why I don't use any cloud services to store my files unless it is just a backup copy.  Better to have an external drive of some kind.

I use YouTube and Vimeo to post videos, but use third party like PB to post pics. Can you post a pic without a third party?

24 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

I use YouTube and Vimeo to post videos, but use third party like PB to post pics. Can you post a pic without a third party?

Many DSL packages come with file (web page) space included. You just need to upload to YOUR accounts location.   No need for a web page, if you provide a link to the bare image. Consult your ISP for details

Fiilezilla make FTP fairly easy.

Do be aware that  ALL files there will be publicly accessible.

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Many DSL packages come with file (web page) space included. You just need to upload to YOUR accounts location.   No need for a web page, if you provide a link to the bare image. Consult your ISP for details

Fiilezilla make FTP fairly easy.

Do be aware that  ALL files there will be publicly accessible.

Thanks for the info. 

• The topic was locked