Light-O-Rama Forums
bdwillie

Preview change not changing.

Have my preview all set out and have converted several songs to 5.  First real preview question.  Opened my preview (named 2018) and just did a little cleaning, straightening of items.  nothing added or deleted, just moved to line up better in the yard to where it actually is.  Saved as same file name.   Today fired up to continue sequencing, and the preview opened with the non fiddled with preview, I.E. things are back to the original place.  opened preview manager and selected my 2018 preview and is shows the updates placements.  So I tried to re-import / select the 2018 preview and it still shows the previous layout.  Shut down song, while keeping 5 open, back to preview manager, opened 2018 preview and it HAS the updated prop placements.  So I copied the preview and saved it as 2018 2.  Opened the song back up I was sequencing, and assigned the new 2018 2 as the preview.  STILL has the original prop placements, nothing has moved. Tried appending AND resetting props and groups, still no joy...    I don't get it!  What am I doing wrong.  Now I am afraid if I add a prop, it won't show up on songs I already have finished even after appending / resetting.  I did not change any channel numbers, or number of channels.  Just moved the props to a new location in the preview.  Hope this long rambling makes sense

Your ramblings makes sense, and I went thru all the steps you mentioned and could not create the same problem. I moved a prop around, all over the preview and it always would play where I placed it. I even shut down S5 and started it again, it still showed the prop in the new location. I also tried the same thing with a RGB prop and all worked well.

You could try creating new sequence (with the new Preview, where the props are moved to where you want them) create a couple of effects, then save the sequences, reload and see what happens. Pretty much what I do in the gif below.

Let me know if this works. The gif plays fast, the starting point is just after a slight fade to black. The reason my prop doesn't color is that it setup as a temp traditional prop. ie white lights only.

Alan...

prop%20placement.gif

• Thanks 1

Default, Matt.  My Bad apparently....  it is working correctly tonight.  I don't know what I was doing wrong but it worked first try tonight.  Thanks for your efforts!

I had the same issue and could not figure it out. What did you do bdwillie

WT1924 Upon reflection, I think I may have been hitting cancel instead of save when I would edit my preview.  Not sure but that is all I can think of since it seems to be working as advertised now.  Good luck!