Light-O-Rama Forums

8 out of 16 circuits are working

Guest guest

I had that exact same problem and emailed Dan about it. You should try that. He gave me several item to check/try including trying to use jumpers if you can. I changed out fuses and I got the same problem you have. However, being miles away at college, I am unable to try any of them at the current moment. But I hope to resolve the problem as soon as I get back home.

Will Sanders

Dumb question perhaps, but if this is a 2-power input box, is it possible that the circuit that powers the 'bad' half of the board has tripped? Try swapping the power cords and see what happens. (Or plug something else like a string of mini's into that circuit).

-Tim

Hi,

As Tim suggested confirm that you have power to both sides of the card. Is it channels 1-8 that are not working... The Processor (including the LED) are powered by the 9-16 side of the card.

If you have power send me an Email and we wil work this out:

dan@lightorama.com

[align=left]works now, thank you everyone. but the board was plugged into two outlets and one went out for some reason. the one that didn't stop working was GFCI protected. It was raining the night it all started. Any comments, suggestions on what caused this and what i should do to prevent this in the future. [/align]

Bradley Measel wrote:

[align=left]works now, thank you everyone. but the board was plugged into two outlets and one went out for some reason. the one that didn't stop working was GFCI protected. It was raining the night it all started. Any comments, suggestions on what caused this and what i should do to prevent this in the future. [/align]

Bradley,

Did the breaker go out on that circuit? If so you may have other things on that circuit that when combined with the LOR load pop the circuit breaker. Also the rain may have cause a bit of a short in something which knocked the breaker off.

Bradley Measel wrote:

no the breaker was fine , that was the first thing I checked. there is a light on that same breaker that was fine , I cant figure that out sense it is in the same circuit box.

Bradley,

I am confused (also a bit tired)... So you are saying that the outlet stopped working? What did you do to fix things?

I just checked for power everywhere and determined that it was one of the outlets I was using for that board. To temporarily fix the problem I just plugged both sides into one outlet.