Light-O-Rama Forums

Deleting just the prop the proper way to remove?

brichi

So im changing my design a little bit for next year and no longer am using my LEDs on my top windows, is deleting the prop from the preview manager the best way to get it out of the sequences or do i need to go into each sequence also and erase all the data programmed to those windows? thanks!

Edited by brichi
spelling

The way I've done it is erase/delete the prop/channel(s) from the channel config, save and export it, then import the newly updated channel config to each sequence and save and they should be gone.

If there is a different way with "preview manager," I'm not sure.

Edited by Santas Helper

well I just found out the hard way this is not the right way to do it

so if the windows are part of a group of other widows and you program some screens say "all windows on" and now delete the 2 window props, it totally screws up the programs and wipes out all the other windows data you entered so now none of the window light up in spots where I turned them on as a group

time to restore from backups!

I'm going to spend time with it tonight and try that, fortunately i have another laptop i stopped using last month that has everything set perfect before i started adding in matrix props and video, ill back it up again and try it. 

I'm thinking though if i ungroup it will it kill the whole groups sequences of "ALL" that i did

Edited by brichi

• The topic was locked