Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Cross

NEWTOUR

Ok so i have been tasked by my church to fabricate an RGB Cross for Easter. I have attached a pic of what they are looking for. I am looking for some experience pointers and suggestions on this as I just used pixel nodes for the first time this year, so still a complete rookie on this front.

1) I was thinking of using strips(maybe nodes)

2) Pex to be able to give the color fade effect

3) should I use SS or Pixel Editor to Sequence? Which is easier to create that effect. They would like it ti pulse in and out from center, up/down, & left to right. ( no idea how to do this yet, or if possible)

Thank you for any support and or recommendations here. Thanks again

You did say how large, although the missing photo may have answered that one.  As for #3, either SS or PE could do what you’re talking about.  Personally I would use SuperStar, but that’s primarily because that’s what I’m comfortable with.

2 hours ago, NEWTOUR said:

Ok so i have been tasked by my church to fabricate an RGB Cross for Easter. I have attached a pic of what they are looking for. I am looking for some experience pointers and suggestions on this as I just used pixel nodes for the first time this year, so still a complete rookie on this front.

1) I was thinking of using strips(maybe nodes)

2) Pex to be able to give the color fade effect

3) should I use SS or Pixel Editor to Sequence? Which is easier to create that effect. They would like it ti pulse in and out from center, up/down, & left to right. ( no idea how to do this yet, or if possible)

Thank you for any support and or recommendations here. Thanks again

Maybe this would work https://www.boscoyostudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_31&products_id=155&zenid=pom1kmgp0sgf7l2b0uofu06hf0

I copied his design. You can put smart pixels instead of dumb ones. With this design you have an inside cross and an outside cross. Or maybe make one cross and do the inside /outside effect with smart pixels. His pictures explain. Made from coro.

http://teamg4.org/gallery/rgb-cross/

13 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Don't see a picture .

For some reason I don't have the attach option anymore. Let me look into this. I thought I had attached it the first time?

3 hours ago, NEWTOUR said:

Easter-UHD-blank.thumb.jpg.2b1dd5e4965cccf6e92495cbf28ca3e9.jpg

This looks like it is cylindrical. I see 5 stripes on the cross bar alone (i assume there are 3 more on the back side), and over a foot in dia.

Did I mis-read  your goal as 4.5" wide?    I would say Strips not pushed to full bright for color line definition. Do others agree with my guess?

Well we will actually just be attaching to our cross in the sanctuary, but that is all dependent on cost. I am hoping to get the same look from just three vertical and three horizontal as the cross is recessed between support beams. 

• The topic was locked