Light-O-Rama Forums

Possible swap meet Sacramento, CA area

plasmadrive

This would be a one time only event.  I am testing the waters to see if there is enough interest to go thru the procedure to set it all up.  If you are around this area and attendance is likely, please find my group on FaceBook and request to be in.  "Christmas and Halloween swap meet (maybe)"            Please answer the poll and read what I wrote about it.. Thanks.  Craig

Be aware that:

I have declined some people because I am trying to get a real number as to possible attendance. If you are not into decorating for those holidays or not in reasonable proximity (300 miles except for some with a travel track record), I need to decline you. Otherwise it could throw the whole thing off..
This is not an event for those that are too far away to assume reasonable attendance.. sorry..

If you don't show some decorating interest on your site or FB page, I will assume you are not really that interested and I will decline you.

I will open it up to everyone once I know if this is really happening. Right now bear with me until I get it nailed down.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:49 AM, plasmadrive said:

This would be a one time only event.  I am testing the waters to see if there is enough interest to go thru the procedure to set it all up.  If you are around this area and attendance is likely, please find my group on FaceBook and request to be in.  "Christmas and Halloween swap meet (maybe)"            Please answer the poll and read what I wrote about it.. Thanks.  Craig

Craig,

So sorry you're going dark.  Even with your semi-rural setting, the traffic apparently got to be too much for you and your volunteers.

I went to your FB page, and "Joined Group", with Pending now shown.  I did not see your FB poll, nor much else on your FB page.  Hope to be able to join.  I live in Granite Bay.  LOR SuperStar advocate, with only 4,000 smart pixels.  But , hey, my first year was successful in my mind.   Revel Lights is my YouTube channel.  This year's planned additions:  DMX moving heads (off DMX ports), and P10 panels (off a new Pi and HAT).

Your FB cover photo looks like you have some DMX moving heads.  Those I could REALLY use.  Maybe you'll have your massive, home-made globe on display - that is a piece of art.  

Ed

8 hours ago, Ed K said:

Craig,

So sorry you're going dark.  Even with your semi-rural setting, the traffic apparently got to be too much for you and your volunteers.

I went to your FB page, and "Joined Group", with Pending now shown.  I did not see your FB poll, nor much else on your FB page.  Hope to be able to join.  I live in Granite Bay.  LOR SuperStar advocate, with only 4,000 smart pixels.  But , hey, my first year was successful in my mind.   Revel Lights is my YouTube channel.  This year's planned additions:  DMX moving heads (off DMX ports), and P10 panels (off a new Pi and HAT).

Your FB cover photo looks like you have some DMX moving heads.  Those I could REALLY use.  Maybe you'll have your massive, home-made globe on display - that is a piece of art.  

Ed

Hi Ed,

I added you to the group.  The poll is down the page a bit.. I can't pin two things to the top unfortunately..
There isn't much on that FB page..At this point that page is only to see if there is enough interest to make it worth doing.  So far I am short about 40 people that are willing to commit to some extent..

Those moving heads will be there unless someone buys them first.. That big ball is no longer mine. I sold it to Jerry Jewel. 

Craig,  I don’t do Facebook so I’m not even going to try to join the group.  However, I really would like to get up to Sacramento to meet the group up there.  So if the timing works out I may try to use the swap meet as an excuse to come up there.  Might I suggest that you plan to end the day with one of the somewhat regular Sacramento pizza get together events. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Craig,  I don’t do Facebook so I’m not even going to try to join the group.  However, I really would like to get up to Sacramento to meet the group up there.  So if the timing works out I may try to use the swap meet as an excuse to come up there.  Might I suggest that you plan to end the day with one of the somewhat regular Sacramento pizza get together events. 

Hi Jim,

I'll count you as a body for the overall.. I am first trying to see if  there is enough interest with those that would actually make it before I commit to host.  I am looking at some time in May most likely..

I'm going to give it another week or so and if I don't get what I think is enough viable participation, I will pass on it..   It will be a lot of work to put together so I want to make sure it is worth it for everyone.

23 minutes ago, plasmadrive said:

Hi Jim,

I'll count you as a body for the overall.. I am first trying to see if  there is enough interest with those that would actually make it before I commit to host.  I am looking at some time in May most likely..

Sounds good.  I've been saying for a couple years that I would like to get up there for one of the pizza dinners.  This (especially if it was the same day or weekend as a pizza get together) would be a good excuse.

Looks like we didn't get enough local people to make this a worth while venture.  However, the plan now is to have a regular meet and greet but have people bring stuff to sell if they so desire.  More soon.

• The topic was locked