Light-O-Rama Forums

New user

AMcPherson

I'm new to LOR and i'm beginning to do some sequencing at work. I was given existing light shows on an SD card and I wanted to open them up to see what the previous users did to get an idea of how they had it laid out, and to look at editing or adding to their work; however, I only have .seq and .cfg files on these cards along with the MP3s they're playing. What program opens these? Nothing I tried seemed to work.

Once they are written to the SD card, then only the directors can read the contents of the card.

They can't be opened in the Sequence Editor, or anything of the sort.

Okay, so I need to find the LMS or LAS files for the sequences they created to be able to do any tinkering? And if they for some reason, don't have those, we're stuck with them as is?

In order to modify/view the sequences, you would need the original LMS/LAS files, correct.

And yes, if they don't have them, you are stuck with them as is. (Obviously, unless you start from scratch.)

1 minute ago, AMcPherson said:

Okay, so I need to find the LMS or LAS files for the sequences they created to be able to do any tinkering? And if they for some reason, don't have those, we're stuck with them as is?

Correct. 

There are plenty of people here that will be more than willing to share some sequences with you to help get you started. Just do a search or scroll through the Sequence Sharing threads, leave them your email and youll get some.

Keep in mind just after the seasons its not as busy as during the holidays so be patient.

JR