Light-O-Rama Forums

Fire at LOR

Well that sucks. Glad everyone is OK. Hopefully the smoke and water damage is minimal and it won't impact LOR employees livelihoods.

Alan...

That's terrible news...sorry to hear.  Hopefully there isn't too much damage.  Such a wonderful area and right on the Hudson river.  This looks like the place based on DevMike's pictures.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.2977281,-73.5923777,3a,60y,340.75h,89.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSZXxDYc_cpMl2eDkq7w-sA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Thinking of Dan & Co during this time. Hoping that damage and financial setback to the business is minimal. 

Keep us posted, please. 

Based on Mike's latest report, looks like LOR got off pretty well.  However, as a city employee, going through the repairs / inspections / permitting to restore utilities make take longer than expected.  Although government agencies CAN do things amazingly fast and well, doing routine stuff (and this is fairly routine) can be agonizingly slow - trust me, I know :)

I hope things do go well, and very happy to hear that no one was hurt.

Edited by k6ccc

Wow such a mixed bag of emotion on this one. Glad to hear all personnel are fine, and it seems most of the operations. The next few days will be anxious for the entire company. I wish them well.

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I know LOR comes up with a bunch of new ideas but I think they misunderstood the meaning of a fire sale.  :D

Ya beat me to it.

SInce no water/ fire damage, how about a "smoke sale"?

Just kidding, I am happy everything appears to have made it through the fire.

JR

Although this is awful,  I am a count my blessings kinda guy...

1. Nobody was hurt, or worse

2. No major damage

3. Happened AFTER the Holiday Season

It's bad, but I would say they are very fortunate.  Here's to a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dcroc said:

Although this is awful,  I am a count my blessings kinda guy...

1. Nobody was hurt, or worse

2. No major damage

3. Happened AFTER the Holiday Season

It's bad, but I would say they are very fortunate.  Here's to a speedy recovery.

Dito. Well said Dcroc as with others that have posted on this topic.

Mostly, glad nobody was hurt.

We looked at it the same way.

In case you did not see the announcement - the utilities were turned back on late last night.  We have started to resume operations.  Things may be a little slower than normal today as we ramp back up, but other than that you can expect business as usual from us.

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Alright, so when does that fire sale start?  :D

I bet they're going to have some pretty hot deals. ;)

Sorry to hear about the fire, but glad that everyone is ok, since that's always the most important thing.  By any chance was someone doing some product testing and trying to dim Martha Stewart LEDs?  :P

1 hour ago, Speedster said:

Sorry to hear about the fire, but glad that everyone is ok, since that's always the most important thing.  By any chance was someone doing some product testing and trying to dim Martha Stewart LEDs?  :P

:)

No actually it sounds like one of the neighbors did not dispose of his rags properly and they spontaneously combusted. 

Please remember that oily/solvent soaked/etc rags should be disposed of in a fire safe can with a lid. Placing them outdoors on a flat non flammable surface works too.   (I knew those IA classes I had 35 years ago would pay off!)

• The topic was locked