Light-O-Rama Forums

How to delete Multi Rows in a sequence

Jack

I want to delete several Rows of  unused data in several Sequences that came from someone else. ( Free Sequences) I've only found the delete row by row function, any help

Thanks,

Jack

Make sure all rows are together and you are on the 1st column, then click on the 1st row you want to delete, hold the mouse button down and drag down until you've selected the rows desired.  then right click and select "select rows" and then right click and select delete.

2 hours ago, tomsusie said:

Make sure all rows are together and you are on the 1st column, then click on the 1st row you want to delete, hold the mouse button down and drag down until you've selected the rows desired.  then right click and select "select rows" and then right click and select delete.

Unless you are talking about S5, I don't see a delete option in the right click menu. In any case, that would delete the content and leave the empty rows behind

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Unless you are talking about S5, I don't see a delete option in the right click menu. In any case, that would delete the content and leave the empty rows behind

Correct- only "off" the way tomsusie explained it. 

You have the best option if the OP doesn't need the channels.

JR

5 hours ago, Jack said:

I want to delete several Rows of  unused data in several Sequences that came from someone else. ( Free Sequences) I've only found the delete row by row function, any help

Thanks,

Jack

The best way is to copy and paste the doner sequence data/ parts you need or want into your own Master Channel configuration instead.

JR

20 hours ago, Jack said:

Thanks,

Jack

if it's on a controller you don't have and will not use then you can go into channel config and delete the controller, that will get rid of all rows associated with that controller.

You did say "sevdral" rows. If only a few, just delete the rows individually.  Don't spend more time organizing rows just to be able to delete mult-rows at one tim,e, versus just deleting individually.

The delete group method is good when you have a multi rows that are located together. 

The copy/paste method from shared sequences works good when you only want limited rows from the sequence, not if you only want to decard a few rows. 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:41 AM, caniac said:

if it's on a controller you don't have and will not use then you can go into channel config and delete the controller, that will get rid of all rows associated with that controller.

Thanks for the feedback, for some reason the copy function does not work, also I don't think the paste works either, something about a protected file.

I do like the delete the controller option, just need to pull a couple of channels and rename them  first.

I did not think of the delete group option either.

Thanks to all,

Jack

• The topic was locked