Light-O-Rama Forums
  • Announcements

• DevMike

Fire at LOR in Glens Falls, NY   01/17/2018

A fire has broken out in the same building that houses the main LOR offices.  More information can be found in 'Important Announcements'.  

I know that the LOR developers are working on fixing the visualizer so that it will interpret the CCR macro commands. This is not about that, at least directly. My CCR set up has been working since 2009 - the days of the animator. Through all of the software conversions they have become a mess; and the conversion to S5 (which I really like) left the channel makeup in a worse mess. Therefore, I decided to remake my 10 CCR arches from scratch. Using a new version of my preview design, I made a new CCR arch to replace the old one. However, when I appended the prop to a view and added channel level to it there was something that I need missing - the macro channels. So, my question is - how do I make a new CCR prop with macro channels attached to the prop? 

Jim

Yesterday when I wrote the above, I got distracted and didn't finish. In addition to the question about the macro channels, I have another more sever problems.

The main problem is that the new CCR arch will not light. The system will not control these CCRs at all. Everything works when I use an older version of the sequence, but the new one will not control the lights. It shows on the visualizer just fine, but no lights.

What might the problem be and how do I fix it.

Jim

If your sequencing in PE the the network for the ccr's has to be in enhansed mode. Also if your ccr 's are older they have to have latest firmware installed to work in enhansed mode .

• Like 1

I can do CCR sequencing, in S5, using my old props with no problem. I wish to continue that and have the problem discussed above.

13 hours ago, JamesWright said:

I am and control lights is on. Everything else works fine, except the 1 converted CCR.

LOR: Do you have any suggestions/comments?

You stated above it works with visualizer. If it works there but not on the actual prop you should verify the unit ID is correct, not sharing the same ID as another prop, network is correct for that prop. When all else works normally the problem will be found there. That's what I have learned/ discovered. 

May need to regroup and start from the beginning, sometimes we get in a hurry and mess something up and spend days troubleshooting. I assisted many people who "tried everything" except starting from the beginning.

Best of luck

JR