Light-O-Rama Forums

SE Advanced to SE PRO

racerc20

I have SE advanced... trying to learn pixel editor.  I made a prop in viz built out of a 100 ct string.  I followed storms video... everything seems to match when I press play in SE  nothing happens on the prop.  is that because I'm in SEc Advanced and not SE pro?

I’m on my phone so I am not seeing the video, but yes, you need a Pro level license to render Pixel Editor functions.

ok dropped another 50 on the upgrade to pro   now I get an error message saying my display adapters are outdated and the preview will not show...

I got the pixie 4 configured.  it only let me pick id's 1-5   does this mean I will need to reconfigure all my existing sequence controllers away from that.  I do plan on adding other pixes.  will they only be set on 1-5.   I was able to set up a quick sequence and do test fades and chases so Sequence editor can communicate with the pixie and the pixels at least 4  strings of 50 work.  

guess ill be watching johns video again. on making the prop... he did a snow flake I wanted to do the mini angel... 

Angel Mini.lpf

You should be able to set the Pixie to any ID that you want.  Does your Pixie have dip switches to set the ID or is it only set with the Hardware Utility?

2 hours ago, racerc20 said:

ok dropped another 50 on the upgrade to pro   now I get an error message saying my display adapters are outdated and the preview will not show...

I got the pixie 4 configured.  it only let me pick id's 1-5   does this mean I will need to reconfigure all my existing sequence controllers away from that.  I do plan on adding other pixes.  will they only be set on 1-5.   I was able to set up a quick sequence and do test fades and chases so Sequence editor can communicate with the pixie and the pixels at least 4  strings of 50 work.  

guess ill be watching johns video again. on making the prop... he did a snow flake I wanted to do the mini angel... 

Angel Mini.lpf

I imagine this is the pixie4 we were discussing the other night. 

If you have the older pixie4 there is no dip switch. However you probably need to change the jumper to select the Unit ID of your choice. From the factory all of them come set for ID 1

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Yes it is a first gen.  I received word from LOR spt that the 4 2nd gen is not produced.  8 and 16 are shipping 2nd gen.  

I was able to see the unit in HU.  It only showed me the option of unit IDs 1 to 5.  I set it to 5 as I already use 1 to 4 for incans and dumb rgb.  I was able to make some fades and chases and i need lots of practice with that and I was able to make all four ports react to SE.  

I then was in PE.  I made the coro mini angel prop its a hundred pixels.  Got it to do some simple sequencing and I could see it in the preview.  How do I get it into SE ?  

41 minutes ago, racerc20 said:

I was able to see the unit in HU.  It only showed me the option of unit IDs 1 to 5. 

Do you have the Max Unit ID in the upper right corner set to 05?  Ignore the arrows in the screen capture below as that capture was annotated for something else, but I had the image on my web server so it was handy...

HU_Output_test.jpg

1 hour ago, racerc20 said:

Yes it is a first gen.  I received word from LOR spt that the 4 2nd gen is not produced.  8 and 16 are shipping 2nd gen.  

I was able to see the unit in HU.  It only showed me the option of unit IDs 1 to 5.  I set it to 5 as I already use 1 to 4 for incans and dumb rgb.  I was able to make some fades and chases and i need lots of practice with that and I was able to make all four ports react to SE.  

I then was in PE.  I made the coro mini angel prop its a hundred pixels.  Got it to do some simple sequencing and I could see it in the preview.  How do I get it into SE ?  

When your done sequencing in PE click on save intensity file it will then go to sequence editor it will only show up in sequence editor as a green line you can expand the green line (intensity file) to see the props that where sequenced in PE .

Carl- as Jim states above use the drop down in "Max Unit ID" change that to something higher than 05. Try 1E or something. Keep in mind the higher you go on this the HU reaction time will take longer to find units. After that the "change unit ID" at bottom left should show you more options.

Then to go from PE to SE follow Dennis. He's a guru there, I have only done it once.

JR

ok fixed the setting for the unit IDs'   dumb but fixed.

I also was able to save the file as an intensity file but when I press play in SE nothing plays on my pixels...   Test mode works in HU so I know I am getting communication from the laptop to the pixie   Arrrgh so frustrated... I know its something easy....

LOR needs noob school...

8 minutes ago, racerc20 said:

ok fixed the setting for the unit IDs'   dumb but fixed.

I also was able to save the file as an intensity file but when I press play in SE nothing plays on my pixels...   Test mode works in HU so I know I am getting communication from the laptop to the pixie   Arrrgh so frustrated... I know its something easy....

LOR needs noob school...

Do you still have my number? Gimme a call, 

JR

Is the LOR network set for Enhanced mode, and is the Control Panel running (and therefore the Comm Listener)?

I love you guys...it was control panel and enhanced network.....  now they are responding to the intensity file.... wooo hoooo.

3 minutes ago, racerc20 said:

I love you guys...it was control panel and enhanced network.....  now they are responding to the intensity file.... wooo hoooo.

I was just about to text you and my phone rang. As soon as I hung up you posted. Glad you got it fixed.

JR

• Like 1