Light-O-Rama Forums
  • Announcements

• DevMike

1/18/2018 - LOR has resumed operations after the fire   01/17/2018

As of 1/18 we have resumed operations.  On 1/16 a fire occurred in the same building that houses the main LOR offices and manufacturing.    More information can be found in 'Important Announcements'.    
bdwillie

So far in love with S5

Well I started 2018 songs with S5, on the same computer that was used for S4.  So far all I can say is WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  I was semi frustrated with a few songs from 2017 that just seemed to be "off" when played in the yard, but was fine with S4 and Visualizer.  Built all new props from scratch with 5, included the new props we plan to build this year, and started importing the old songs we are going to reuse next year.  Right off the bat, the first song I tried that seemed "off" in the yard, is now "off" in visualizer!  Finally!  I'm not crazy!  It was an easy fix.

It was a small learning curve, but I like it so much more than S4.  Using dual monitors, the new built in visualizer was easy to undock and move to a second monitor, where it defaults to when reloaded!  Wow I love this so far.  Even dumb RGB's seem easier to program.  Now I can go fix all my silly little mistakes in my original sequencing and keep learning!  Thanks guys! This is awesome!

1 hour ago, bdwillie said:

Well I started 2018 songs with S5, on the same computer that was used for S4.  So far all I can say is WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  I was semi frustrated with a few songs from 2017 that just seemed to be "off" when played in the yard, but was fine with S4 and Visualizer.  Built all new props from scratch with 5, included the new props we plan to build this year, and started importing the old songs we are going to reuse next year.  Right off the bat, the first song I tried that seemed "off" in the yard, is now "off" in visualizer!  Finally!  I'm not crazy!  It was an easy fix.

It was a small learning curve, but I like it so much more than S4.  Using dual monitors, the new built in visualizer was easy to undock and move to a second monitor, where it defaults to when reloaded!  Wow I love this so far.  Even dumb RGB's seem easier to program.  Now I can go fix all my silly little mistakes in my original sequencing and keep learning!  Thanks guys! This is awesome!

I'm with you on this. It took me sometime to figure out how to get all of my superstar sequences into S5. Now that I believe I finally have that figured out I think I am going to really like S5. I did half of my sequencing last year in Superstar and the other half in Pixel editor. S5 has the same feel to me as the pixel editor but with a lot more flexibility. Should be a fun year!

Are you abandoning SuperStar or hoping that there will be useful integration with SuperStar sometime in the future?

11 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Are you abandoning SuperStar or hoping that there will be useful integration with SuperStar sometime in the future?

I will continue to use superstar but I only sequence about 5 of my props in superstar. The rest I have done in pixel editor so S5 will work good with my plans.