Light-O-Rama Forums
brichi

S5 - All versions - Crawling when adding a lot of DMX universes

I haven't been able to try this in S4 and only use S5 now. S5 ran flawlessly all month long running my show so first off thank you!!!!

Now to the issue i am having, Next year i am doing 2 big P10 matrix screens, roughly 56 panels each taking up 336 DMX universes. I add this all to my S5 profile for the house and now S5 is not even usable, if i open effects manager the entire program just locks up and i have to force quit. Can LOR not handle this? I did try adding the same in other companies software and it ran perfect, it was just S5 i am having the issue in and i really don't want to start programming in another software just to add screens. 

just an fyi, im running  core i5 2.6, 12gb ram, 512gb ssd, only a few years old running 64bit win10 education

We've improved the performance of the effect generator for the next beta release of S5 -- it will be able to support props with more pixels. Also know that we have tested the Show Player (scheduled playback) with over 700 DMX universes. So we look forward to your feedback once 5.0.18 is released (date is tbd). Thanks for testing the S5 beta!

Matt

thank you Matt, Looking forward to .18!