Light-O-Rama Forums

audio distortion only in a show

saxon

My Audio was not very good this year. I was thinking my transmitter was on the frits, until my test,,,,

Amazing Grace Techno, where the bass really hits, was so distorted i had to removed it from the show. Other songs have some smaller issues with slight static with highs and lows. My transmitter and PC volume settings have been readjusted, only to wind up back where they originally were. 

I moved my transmitter close to my PC with 3' cable (vs the normal 50' cable), went to file manager and double clicked Amazing Grace from the audio directory ,, it opened media player (or whatever its called now),,went outside to my truck radio and it played great! I put the song back in the show, started a show on demand, went to my truck radio and it was distorted again. 

Any idea why playing just a song would be clear and playing it with LOR would be distorted? The only thing i did to my show player was upgrade to Window 10 this year. I will continue some trouble shooting but any ideas would great.

win10, czh 05, latest S4.

~Matt

Most likely an audio level issue.  As for the difference between just playing the song and the show is different audio player settings.  I had the same issue last year between Zara Radio and LOR.  Zara would play the same audio file almost 10 dB louder.  One of the reasons that I replaced the show computer and got away from Windows XP.  With Windows Vista (yuck) and later, you have control of audio levels per application so I could adjust them to match.  Most likely LOR is playing the music louder than whatever program you are using - even if it’s the same program (I believe LOR uses Windows Media Player). The settings may be different.

The result of all that is over modulation in the FM transmitter.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jim and over modulated is an adjective that fits but the strange thing is it has never happened before, just this year.

any idea where i would find those setting?

It is a habit for me to have the volume mixer up at all times.    You must mute other sounds or they will be heard.   My transmitter is very garbled at anything above 50%.   Some songs worse than others.  This year all was working great 20%.     Every third day the LOR monitor would jump back up to 100% and sound quality would crash. Keeping volume mixer open gives me visual confirmation.   I believe this is caused by the 'show player memory restarts'  option which I have turned on. 

soundmixer.jpgmixer.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Thanks 1

I notice LOR Mon is the same as speakers. This is definitely something i will be checking into tomorrow for this could explain things! thanks Bob !

• The topic was locked