Light-O-Rama Forums

Why no pop-up menu when I right click on the CP icon?

Ed K

My LOR Control Panel is running, and the CP's red light bulb icon is on my task bar.  When I right-click on the Control Panel's icon in my task bar, I no longer get any popup menu (the one with a number of LOR programs and settings).

I have version 4.3.26 running.

You are probably right clicking the WRONG CP icon.

If you pinned CP to your task bar it will be there towards the left.  Right clicking that won't do what you expect it to do.

CP needs to be running.  On the RIGHT side in what is called the system tray is the small LOR light bulb icon (in Red, Orange, or Blue).  THAT is the one that needs to be right clicked.

Don't see it on the right?  Either it is not running, or it is hidden.  Click the small arrow to the left of the clock (and possibly a few other icons).  Another panel will pop up.  You'll find the icon to right click in there.

DevMike,

My state was, and is, exactly as you describe it, but in my OP, I incorrectly used the term "task bar" (where my all my LOR shortcuts are, including CP's).   I should have said "system tray" (where the CP red light bulb is).  As I originally posted, I still don't get anything when I right click on the CP red light bulb (in my system tray).  I've ALWAYS been able to do that, until yesterday.  

Although I don't hold out much hope, I will close everything down, relaunch CP, and try again.  I'll let you know.

DevMike,

World is good.  I shut down all LOR apps, relaunched CP, right clicked on red light bulb in my system tray, and got the menu of LOR apps and functions.

Thanks for the response.

Ed

• The topic was locked