Light-O-Rama Forums
  • Announcements

• DevMike

1/18/2018 - LOR has resumed operations after the fire   01/17/2018

As of 1/18 we have resumed operations.  On 1/16 a fire occurred in the same building that houses the main LOR offices and manufacturing.    More information can be found in 'Important Announcements'.    
brichi

Adding DMX universes makes effects generator so slow

so I am new to DMX world, I bought a few P10 panes, a BBB with FPP on it and added the universes accordingly so here is my layout

56 p10 panels per window times 2 windows so 112 panels, 3 universes per panel so I need to add 336 universes. I added them as normal in the Falcon player per beagle bone doing U1-U168, channels starting at 1 and the beagle bone 2 universe starting at 169 up to 336 so the beagle bones are set, separate IP addresses and so on, bridge mode so LOR controls them . 

now I go into LOR S5 latest beta and go into network are and add the ip addresses and universes accordingly, open up S5 sequence, add a the 2 props loaded with the dmx channels and save and now LOR barely runs, I hit effect generator and everything is crawling, I cant even sequence. 

Can LOR not handle this? I added all this to XLights and it runs fine but I have so much done in LOR I really want to use it.

thanks for any info and here is a video showing what I did throughout (numbers may be different then above panel wise being im in learning mode)