Light-O-Rama Forums

Our 2018 Display!

DisneyMatt10

On 9/29/2018 at 6:02 PM, k6ccc said:

Screen capture of Visualization...

:)

Now that is something I can do! :)

------------------------------

On a separate note... I learned last night that pixels are a LOT heavier than traditional lights... I learned this after spending 4-1/2 hours putting up the pixel mega tree... Only to get everything to look up and see the steel topper couldn't take the weight as the tree started to collapse. Probably the most frustrating thing that has ever happened to me with this light show. ?????

And at this point we are already about 3 weeks behind on decorating... so I'm not sure if I'm even going to be able to pull off this year's Halloween Show. 

12 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

On a separate note... I learned last night that pixels are a LOT heavier than traditional lights...

Yes they are!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the tree is FINALLY back up, and ready for Halloween!! The tree grew to a staggering 25ft for this year!!! ? The show is almost ready to go. I've just got one window frame left to make, and all the AC power cords to run, but that should be finished this evening! 

44302735_10161979417405643_9214273779998

I think it's looking good so far!! The tree came together MUCH better than I could have ever dreamed!!! :)

(Videos coming soon!) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 5:08 PM, B.Y.R.G. said:

The tree is BIG!  Looking very spooktacular!

It's right at 25ft tall! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well the show officially started tonight!! I'll have more videos as time goes by... But for now here is our "Best Of Star Wars" (Music By: Tom BetGeorge) Let me know what you think! :) (aside from the fact I clearly need a better camera)

On 11/22/2018 at 7:36 PM, k6ccc said:

Very nice Matt!

Thanks! 

21 hours ago, Speedster said:

Awesome work!

Thanks you!

--------------------------

Our second video is now up "The House On Christmas Street!" Hope you all enjoy! :)

12 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

Our second video is now up "The House On Christmas Street!" Hope you all enjoy! :)

Absolutely FANTASTIC!  Great job with the video editing too.  What video editing software do you use?   Did you have multiple cameras setup on tripods for the different views/angles?

1 hour ago, Speedster said:

Absolutely FANTASTIC!  Great job with the video editing too.  What video editing software do you use?   Did you have multiple cameras setup on tripods for the different views/angles?

For now I am using "Movie Maker" on my computer for the video editing. (I'm looking for a better program, and a better camera... But taking it one step at a time!) 

I had one camera set up on a tripod, and I had each song as the only song playing on the simple show builder. So  I would record in one location, and as the show was restarting I'd get the camera set up in a new position. I was going to add in drone footage as well, but my drone was having some technical issues... So there will be drone footage of the other 11 songs coming soon! :)

• 1 month later...

It's never to early to share a teaser for our 2019 show right?! 😂

I'll finally be 100% pixels for 2019!!! :)

• The topic was locked