Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
basic

cant get ccr tree to work in pe

Recommended Posts

hello all happy new years,,Im haveing this problem for 3 weeks.. Now everytime i put my crr tree sequence  in the grid and try to play it out side noting gos on .,,I HAVE THE BLUE LIGHT BULD ON and check it in the pe control and marked it out too be in pe not in sequence  ..any help please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many questions you have left unanswered:

What software version?

What is your license level?

Are you using actual LOR CCRs? Actual CCRs from LOR are one small control box and one ribbon so for a 16 ribbon tree you would have 16 small control boxes and 16 individual ribbons connected to them. I only state this because so many call smart ribbons CCRs when they actually aren't, there is a difference.

Have you ensured that your channel config is correct?

Have you set up your network preferences?

There are more but lets start with these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im useing 4.3.4 pro its the lor ccr 12 ribbons. my channel config is good. i been playing my show good with the ccr tree but its under seq.editer not in  pe .my goal is just to put out the tree in pe only  that all 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the PE program do you have the "Control Lights" checked under the "Tools" menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Control Panel running and all other programs ie HU, SE closed down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are further than me.  I can't get PE to do anything.  Nada.  I am a tech geek,  and work with many complicated software packages, but this........I can not figure out the first step after launching it.  i wish there were videos that went over the most basic steps.  All seem to be for those that have already figured out how to load what they need in it.  I have yet to see one that starts at STEP 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dcroc said:

You are further than me.  I can't get PE to do anything.  Nada.  I am a tech geek,  and work with many complicated software packages, but this........I can not figure out the first step after launching it.  i wish there were videos that went over the most basic steps.  All seem to be for those that have already figured out how to load what they need in it.  I have yet to see one that starts at STEP 1.

Here is a tutorial for the tree:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PEwithPixelTree16x25-RevA.pdf

Here are videos for PE:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

You are further than me.  I can't get PE to do anything.  Nada.  I am a tech geek,  and work with many complicated software packages, but this........I can not figure out the first step after launching it.  i wish there were videos that went over the most basic steps.  All seem to be for those that have already figured out how to load what they need in it.  I have yet to see one that starts at STEP 1.

Woohoo!  Another tech geek that can't figure out PE!  Must be a logic thing.  As far as I'm concerned, PE requires some very backward thinking.  The workflow is backwards to me in a lot of ways.  I wonder if you are getting caught up in the same way because of your tech background?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Woohoo!  Another tech geek that can't figure out PE!  Must be a logic thing.  As far as I'm concerned, PE requires some very backward thinking.  The workflow is backwards to me in a lot of ways.  I wonder if you are getting caught up in the same way because of your tech background?

 

I was using Xlights for years before PE came out so it was not that difficult since they are so similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I was using Xlights for years before PE came out so it was not that difficult since they are so similar.

Pixel editor was super easy for me. Actually I think it was the easiest program I ever used for sequencing. I think S5 will also be easy. My issue with S5 is I spent a lot of time using superstar on a prop this past year that S5 just can't seem to get right. When I insert effects from superstar on that prop it doesn't look anything like the original effects. If I switch to S5 I think I will need to program the prop all over in S5. One other issue I have with S5 is I sequenced all of my arches, candy canes, and glow trees in Superstar. When I place those items into a group and try to insert effects i get an error that my grid needs changed. I think Brian said this was a superstar problem and will be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, Dcroc said:

You are further than me.  I can't get PE to do anything.  Nada.  I am a tech geek,  and work with many complicated software packages, but this........I can not figure out the first step after launching it.  i wish there were videos that went over the most basic steps.  All seem to be for those that have already figured out how to load what they need in it.  I have yet to see one that starts at STEP 1.

 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, k6ccc said:

Woohoo!  Another tech geek that can't figure out PE!  Must be a logic thing.  As far as I'm concerned, PE requires some very backward thinking.  The workflow is backwards to me in a lot of ways.  I wonder if you are getting caught up in the same way because of your tech background?

 

I'll join the club. My profession is Information Technology, and I am a tech geek as well. I just do not get Pixel Editor ... it seems totally foreign to me. Sort of like a blank sheet of paper but I just don't know how to create something. When creating complex requirements specifications, architecture diagrams, software security specifications and object oriented software designs, I can start from a blank sheet of paper without a problem. SuperStar is not a problem for me and I have gravitated to this tool for all my pixel sequencing thus far. PE? I am totally lost ... I can't even get my brain wrapped around how to sequence an arch for 30 seconds.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh... I am in the same boat as you guys. Network admin by trade and can't get started with PE either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really isn't that difficult once you wrap your head around the concept, you create a new sequence either musical or animation. Then you have to manage or create your previews (props) and select the previews or props you want added in the sequence. A preview can be an entire scene such as your entire house and yard all in one scene as in a visualiser pic or you can add individual props such as arches or mega tree. Personally I add things as props such as windows, eaves, bushes, arches and mega tree that way I can select individually what I would like to add to the sequence. Or you can place them in groups and add them all together.

Edited by Mr. P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mwilson6192 said:

 

 

I'll join the club. My profession is Information Technology, and I am a tech geek as well. I just do not get Pixel Editor ... it seems totally foreign to me. Sort of like a blank sheet of paper but I just don't know how to create something. When creating complex requirements specifications, architecture diagrams, software security specifications and object oriented software designs, I can start from a blank sheet of paper without a problem. SuperStar is not a problem for me and I have gravitated to this tool for all my pixel sequencing thus far. PE? I am totally lost ... I can't even get my brain wrapped around how to sequence an arch for 30 seconds.

Another (ex NAVY radar ET) techie here that just does not get it.  Power, Data, Audio  ... Easy-Peasy.   Monochrome or dumb RGB: yes .  Pixels: Duh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you add your props or previews to the sequence the props are listed down the left side instead of channels as in SE. You will actually be sequencing the prop in its intirety instead of individual channels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to export PE back into SE? Much like what you can do with SS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Is there a way to export PE back into SE? Much like what you can do with SS.

No, not in the same way. When you create a preview it saves it as an intensity file. What you would do is open the PE program and select open file, this is when you would select an existing .lms file from SE. When it opens it will ask you what previews you would like to add to the sequence ie matrix, mega tree or what not then you would save the file again as a intensity file and that will add a single intensity channel to the .lms sequence which would be the PE portion.

It does work like SS as an intensity file.

Edited by Mr. P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Is there a way to export PE back into SE? Much like what you can do with SS.

This is why I have not used PE after making my giant spider. 

This year I am dedicating time to learn everything I can about SS. I want to sequence my entire display in SS and just use SE for singing props and to run the show. The intensity files will also help with the lag you experience.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

This is why I have not used PE after making my giant spider. 

This year I am dedicating time to learn everything I can about SS. I want to sequence my entire display in SS and just use SE for singing props and to run the show. The intensity files will also help with the lag you experience.

JR

With SS you have the option of exporting to SE which adds the channels or saving as an intensity file. With PE you only have the intensity file option so you don't actually add all the channels to SE like SS can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

With SS you have the option of exporting to SE which adds the channels or saving as an intensity file. With PE you only have the intensity file option so you don't actually add all the channels to SE like SS can.

I know about that since I made that spider and had no luck exporting to SE. I saw yours and others posts where you sequence the entire show with SS and it never sunk in. A few days ago one of my close friends showed me the "light strings" vis in the LOR directory and I use that to produce a couple instant sequences in SS. Not the best but added something to a couple of my New Years shows that would have only been singing faces. I can only improve once I add my entire vis to SS.

I will slowly implement it, crawl, walk, run. Right now I am jogging in SS

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×