Light-O-Rama Forums

cant get ccr tree to work in pe

basic

21 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Is there a way to export PE back into SE? Much like what you can do with SS.

No, not in the same way. When you create a preview it saves it as an intensity file. What you would do is open the PE program and select open file, this is when you would select an existing .lms file from SE. When it opens it will ask you what previews you would like to add to the sequence ie matrix, mega tree or what not then you would save the file again as a intensity file and that will add a single intensity channel to the .lms sequence which would be the PE portion.

It does work like SS as an intensity file.

Edited by Mr. P

35 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Is there a way to export PE back into SE? Much like what you can do with SS.

This is why I have not used PE after making my giant spider. 

This year I am dedicating time to learn everything I can about SS. I want to sequence my entire display in SS and just use SE for singing props and to run the show. The intensity files will also help with the lag you experience.

JR

13 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

This is why I have not used PE after making my giant spider. 

This year I am dedicating time to learn everything I can about SS. I want to sequence my entire display in SS and just use SE for singing props and to run the show. The intensity files will also help with the lag you experience.

JR

With SS you have the option of exporting to SE which adds the channels or saving as an intensity file. With PE you only have the intensity file option so you don't actually add all the channels to SE like SS can.

11 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

With SS you have the option of exporting to SE which adds the channels or saving as an intensity file. With PE you only have the intensity file option so you don't actually add all the channels to SE like SS can.

I know about that since I made that spider and had no luck exporting to SE. I saw yours and others posts where you sequence the entire show with SS and it never sunk in. A few days ago one of my close friends showed me the "light strings" vis in the LOR directory and I use that to produce a couple instant sequences in SS. Not the best but added something to a couple of my New Years shows that would have only been singing faces. I can only improve once I add my entire vis to SS.

I will slowly implement it, crawl, walk, run. Right now I am jogging in SS

JR

JR, feel free to call when you have questions about sequencing your entire show in SuperStar.  The strongest recommendation will be to use the SuperStar commands in Visualizer which allows you to specify locations on the SuperStar grid.  You will want to give some thought to how you want to arrange things including future stuff.  I can help with that.  This is mine (you may have seen this one before (and it's the 2016 version):

SuperStar_grid.png

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

It really isn't that difficult once you wrap your head around the concept, you create a new sequence either musical or animation. Then you have to manage or create your previews (props) and select the previews or props you want added in the sequence. A preview can be an entire scene such as your entire house and yard all in one scene as in a visualiser pic or you can add individual props such as arches or mega tree. Personally I add things as props such as windows, eaves, bushes, arches and mega tree that way I can select individually what I would like to add to the sequence. Or you can place them in groups and add them all together.

It's not that part that is backwards.  It's applying effects to props where it just seems backwards to me.  For two years I could create effects in the Effects Generator just fine, but could never apply that effect to some pixels.  Finally got that, but the process just seems backwards to me.

29 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

JR, feel free to call when you have questions about sequencing your entire show in SuperStar.  The strongest recommendation will be to use the SuperStar commands in Visualizer which allows you to specify locations on the SuperStar grid.  You will want to give some thought to how you want to arrange things including future stuff.  I can help with that.  This is mine (you may have seen this one before (and it's the 2016 version):

SuperStar_grid.png

Thanks Jim,

Yes have seen it but not sure of what everything is. I know that's how all the vis props look in SS and how you program the lights and that's about it.

When you reference SS commands in vis I hope you are talking about SS vis and not the CP vis. I did not recall a ref to SS in vis and just looked unless I missed something.

I'm gonna take my tore up from my Halloween debacle desktop and try to practice with SS vis and maybe later on put S5 on it, but that's not something I am looking forward to. Downright frightening for me after problems I had with other updates.

I with the reconfiguration of my crashed cell I lost most of my contact list so if you can pm me your number for reprogramming. Its probably in one of my pm's but not sure which one. 

No worries I will let you know before I contact you for a time and day. I will let you enjoy your card games on the train.

I wish I had paid more attention to how SS worked a long time ago when I read some of your posts. Had it not been past crunch time for a couple sequences I would have never found out about the light strings in samples. But only 3 rows doesn't work very well.

There was a lot of down times with the mega tree, gaps where there should have been something but I do not know the settings in SS for the different TCM's. James showed me once but it was a busy year and I didn't write them down.

This will be a great learn for me. I have produced 6 Matrix sequences start to finish. I truly love the fact we don't have to set the x.y's for the import image for every slice of a gif any more. Brian is great support for the suggestions.

Thanks

JR

13 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

When you reference SS commands in vis I hope you are talking about SS vis and not the CP vis. I did not recall a ref to SS in vis and just looked unless I missed something.

I am talking about Visualizer.  Same program that is used to create a layout for SuperStar.  I've got to run, but more later.

PM sent with my cell number