Light-O-Rama Forums

Spirals in Superstar

Slingbad

I cannot seem to figure out how to do a spiral scene in SS, can someone point me in the correct direction, thanks for your time!

Yes but you cannot create a sequence using both pe and SS, I prefer using SS and want to use a spiral tree

Edited by Slingbad

Do you have a 360 degree tree? There is a sample sequence of spirals on a 360 degree tree in the "Samples" folder. A spiral is really a slanted moving line that moves around the tree. And when you import the visualization of your tree you want to select "wrap around" mode.

To look at the sample sequence do the following:

launch superstar

click on the File menu and select Open

navigate to the Samples folder

Open the file: c:/ (your lightorama folder) / SuperStar / Sequences / Vis_24x25Tree_4RowGlobe_Spirals.sup

Brian I have bought many of your sequences for  the ccr tree, In past I sent them to the sequence editor then sent the sequence to pixel editor to finish  some props in pe  how do I use your sequences in S5 cant figure it out. Thanks Dennis

You can create a preview of your superstar display, select the whole row in the Sequencer, then do "insert suprstar effect", then open the sequence in superstar, close superstar.

There is a video tutorial on this. Go to the lightorama main page, click on Support, then click on "Tutorials and PDFs".  Scroll about half way down the page and look for:

Sequencer (ShowTime 5)

Inserting SuperStar into a sequence

On 12/30/2017 at 6:58 PM, Slingbad said:

I cannot seem to figure out how to do a spiral scene in SS, can someone point me in the correct direction, thanks for your time!

I have a bunch of different spirals on my four mini trees that I created in SS.  Use the morph effect. 

For a spiral going counter clockwise (if looking down on the tree from the top), place your first morph on the far left vertical string of the tree, with start ("1") of the morph at the top pixel and end ("2") of the morph at the bottom pixel.  Then, start a new morph at the next point on timing grid, on the vertical string 2nd from the left, again starting at top, ending at bottom of string.  Repeat for strings 3 - n, with n = number of vertical strings on your tree.  Effect in SS sequencing window at the top will like a step pattern when you get done.

Keep the lengths of every morph the same.  The longer the morphs are, the slower the spiral.